Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Proficient technical and/or scientific capabilities; demonstrates good working knowledge of the R&D process in own functional area and demonstrates advancing skills. Contributes to the completion of difficult, but still routine technical tasks required to meet individual and team/group goals. Carries out technical duties related to medical treatment, surgical assistance, laboratory practices, supplies organization, and laboratory records management with limited supervision as prescribed by the Manager/Veterinarian. Ensures that appropriate safety, regulatory standards and records management are maintained as required.
Primary activities include, but are not limited to:
- Carries out research and medical treatment regimens with minimal supervision under the direction of the Veterinarian.
- Manipulations may include oral dosing or parenteral injections, blood or other tissue collections, necropsy procedures, fluid therapy and other treatment modalities.
- Performs with minimal supervision technical aspects of studies, referring only to supervision for consultation/guidance on variations from protocols and suggesting possible alternative methods of approach
- Manages projects and coordinate work for other vet techs
- Responsible for data collection. Maintain accurate, timely, and well-organized records of animal treatments and procedures, research protocols and reports. Maintain inventories of medical and laboratory supplies.
- Performs diagnostic radiography and specific imaging techniques.
- Administers injectable and inhalation anesthetic agents under the direction of a veterinarian.
- Assists in or conducts aseptic surgical procedures and perioperative care.
- Conducts routine clinical pathology procedures including collection of samples (blood, culture swabs, skin scrapings) fecal floatation, blood smear preparation, etc.
- Assembles, or directs assembly of medical/surgical equipment used for experiments.
- Communicates effectively, both verbal and written. Assist in preparation and submission of documents including monthly highlights, study reports and scientific manuscripts.
- A minimum of 3 year's industry experience
- Laboratory in vivo technical skills including but not limited to handling and restraint, dosing and blood collection.
- Must hold Valid Driver's License
- Laboratory in vivo necropsy, perioperative care, in vivo dosing and bleeding.
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement