Discover Financial Services (NYSE: DFS) is a direct banking and payment services company with one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. Since its inception in 1986, the company has become one of the largest card issuers in the United States. The company issues the Discover card, America's cash rewards pioneer, and offers private student loans, personal loans, home equity loans, checking and savings accounts and certificates of deposit through its direct banking business. It operates the Discover Network, with millions of merchant and cash access locations; PULSE, one of the nation's leading ATM/debit networks; and Diners Club International, a global payments network with acceptance in more than 185 countries and territories. The Vice President, Card Marketing Analytics will lead a large organization involved in applying models, strategies, reporting and insights to meet and exceed customer and P&L growth outcomes for the core credit card business. This position reports directly to the Chief Analytics Officer, for Discover Financial Services.Responsibilities
- Lead analysis teams for the Card organization doing Business Intelligence, Card Acquisitions, Card Portfolio Analytics, E-Commerce Analytics and Rewards Analytics
- Ensure that dotted-line offshore analytics teams adequately support headquarters' analytics teams
- Ensure key stakeholder relationships in support of analytically strategy, with the Card CMO, key marketing program managers, and Credit & Operations leaders for the Card business
- Lead the development of key metrics for analytically driven outcomes, partnering with marketing program managers and FP&A
- Provide thought leadership in the use of big data, new data sources, campaign execution platforms, digital analytics, and modeling techniques to ensure portfolio acquisition and growth
- Recruit and lead large analytics teams in distributed settings (on-shore/off-shore/WFH), that are engaged in scorecard development and execution, business intelligence and reporting automation, marketing, operations, and credit analysis, and innovative enterprise scale CRM analytic solutions across channels
- Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes
- 12 + years of progressively expanding experience in Marketing, Risk & Operations Analytics, CRM Analytics, or Marketing and Risk Technology Roles, ideally in a strategy consulting company or a consumer financial services company
- Bachelor's Degree in Quantitative Business/Econometrics/Computer Science/Industrial Engineering, or a quantitative or business discipline with experience in consulting/design/execution of analytically derived decisions in a consumer financial services setting. Graduate Degree (MBA/MS/Ph.D.) in a related discipline preferred.
- Strong people management and leadership/coaching skills with proven experience leading large experience marketing analytics teams
- Understanding of analytical and data platforms and processes, as well as analytical/modeling tools and techniques
- Knowledge of the compliance, governance, privacy and information security
- Mature understanding of structured and unstructured, high-frequency customer data used in financial services to generate reporting, visualization, and design rules and models for flow decisions
- Understanding of core analytics capabilities around single-customer view, privacy, marketing campaign tools, and contact and channel strategy integration
#LI-MK1 We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
A little about us:
Discover is one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. We’re a direct banking and payment services company built on a legacy of innovation and customer service.