Come lead Intuit's next evolution of the Consumer Tax Group (CTG) technology journey! We're looking for a rock star technology executive to be the Chief Architect & Fellow for CTG - spearheaded by our market leading Turbo products that serve an available market of hundreds millions of Consumers. Technically lead the global efforts of over 500 engineers as they build multi-device apps and SaaS services.
If your DNA is dominated by true technical depth, business acumen, and a desire to create delight in every customer experience; if you have a passion for driving product technical direction and influencing executives as well as engineers; and if you truly know how to inspire a cross-functional teams along a change journey while partnering on company-wide efforts, then let's talk about your next career opportunity!
You'll join a company whose culture, from individual contributor to executive staff to the CEO, is characterized by the phrase "a customer-focused, design-driven technology company". And you'll be a significant part of accelerating growth across our fast growing $2B consumer ecosystem.Key Responsibilities
- Lead the technology evolution of the Turbo consumer product line and platform, including taxes and other financial products
- Drive end-to-end architecture across CTG product offerings and platform services
- Lead the execution of critical architectural priorities for a team of architects and senior technology leaders to develop mobile enabled, worldwide SaaS products
- Work with key stakeholders in multiple engineering groups to drive near and long term architecture decisions
- Transform technology to support a Consumer Open Platform allowing 2nd and 3rd party developers to contribute apps and services
- Provide strategic and tactical direction in the areas of data management, analytics and visualization across our entire internal operations.
- Guide and inspire the teams in data science best practices, and evangelize strategic use of data throughout the business
- Partner with Engineering Leader to identify areas across people, process and technology to dramatically improve velocity
- Be a key contributor to ensure the product is highly secure, available, scalable, resilient, and cloud ready
- Inspire innovation and deliver quality at speed across offerings and platform
- Execute to success through diligent planning, attention to detail, effective delegation, efficient decision making, and individual/team accountability
- Influence cross-organizational leaders that can drive success for the individual development teams
- Communicate effectively across multiple organizations to ensure that the teams are completely aligned to the objectives and can do the job effectively
- Build strong inter-personal relationships with peers and other key stakeholders that can help smooth execution
Qualifications Key Qualifications:
- Computer Science degree with 15+ years of experience in the software product industry in senior architecture and software development roles
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high quality SaaS products that serve millions of people
- Demonstrated experience in senior leadership positions with responsibility for architecture and technology for more than 200 engineers
- Demonstrated experience in setting clear technological / architectural context for the business unit leadership and provide key contributions to the design context
- Establish technology sourcing directions for the product division and provide context for these decisions to the company
- Understanding of industry-leading technology/solutions in big data and machine learning
- A laser focus on outstanding business outcomes with effective and fast decision making that takes into account the interests of all four key stakeholders - employees, customers, shareholders, and partners
- Experience in making successful trade-offs that balance the short and long term product goals
- Experience driving engineering design using and Agile process to drive innovation, accelerate decisions and outcomes while minimizing risk
- Proven ability to lead and influence large distributed product development efforts
- Partner with senior engineering leaders and business leaders to influence organizational and structural change
- Proficient in front-end and back-end architecture & design
- Experience using data insights for product refinement
- Experience transitioning a monolith to a Cloud-based, service-oriented architecture
- Ability to work well through ambiguity, confidence in making tough calls and leading through adversity with a sharp focus on the eventual right outcomes
- Arbitrates technical disagreements across teams
- Partner with the senior engineering leaders, Directors to build strong engineering teams
Imagine a career where your creative inspiration can fuel BIG innovation. Year-over-year, Intuit has been recognized as a best employer and is consistently ranked on Fortune's "100 Best Companies To Work For" and Fortune World's "Most Admired Software Companies" lists. Immerse yourself in our award winning culture while creating breakthrough solutions that simplify the lives of consumers and small businesses and their customers worldwide.
Intuit is expanding its social, mobile, and global footprint with a full suite of products and services that are revolutionizing the industry. Utilizing design for delight and lean startup methodologies, our entrepreneurial employees have brought more than 250 innovations to market - from QuickBooks® and TurboTax®, to GoPayment, Mint.com, big data, cloud (SaaS, PaaS) and mobile apps. The breadth and depth of these customer-driven innovations mean limitless opportunities for you to turn your ingenious ideas into reality at Intuit.
Discover what it's like to be part of a team that rewards taking risks and trying new things. It's time to love what you do! Check out all of our career opportunities at: careers.intuit.com . EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Intuit will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements of local law.
Not for you? Check out these other opportunities:
Application Operations Engineer 2 Architect Senior Java Platform Engineer Senior Software Engineer - Full Stack Staff Java Platform Engineer See More…
A little about us:
We hire team members that share these values: Integrity Without Compromise. We Care and Give Back. Deliver Awesome. Win Together. Learn Fast. Delight Customers. Be Passionate. Be Decisive. Be Bold.