Nashville-based HCA is one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services, operating 171 locally managed hospitals and 119 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and the United Kingdom. With its founding in 1968, HCA created a new model for hospital care in the United States, using combined resources to strengthen hospitals, deliver patient-focused care and improve the practice of medicine. HCA has conducted a number of clinical studies, including one that demonstrated that full-term delivery is healthier than early elective delivery of babies and another that identified a clinical protocol that can reduce bloodstream infections in ICU patients by 44 percent. HCA is a learning healthcare system that uses its more than 27 million annual patient encounters to advance science, improve patient care and save lives.
The Clinical Services Group (CSG)
is responsible for the development and implementation of HCA's Electronic Health Record (EHR) program as well as the expansion of business processes and performance related to HCA's Clinical Agenda.Job Summary
Establishes clinical education programs and standards for the HCA enterprise in collaboration with Group and Division Chief Nurse Executives. Works collaboratively with HealthTrust Workforce Solutions and HR Leadership and Organizational Development to develop a full range of educational programs for HCA clinicians. Guides development of clinical education programs that advance nursing performance and further the HCA Nursing Strategy. Contributes to the executive leadership of the Nursing Services Group.
- Develops integrated clinical education programs and standards that are aligned with HCA's strategic vision.
- Designs implementation strategies for clinical education programs in collaboration with corporate, division, and facility colleagues that maximize effectiveness and efficiency.
- Identifies strategic partners for clinical education content and services.
- Determines areas for standard clinical curricula or content within the HCA enterprise.
- Incorporates evidence based practice and adult learning principles into clinical education programs.
- Applies instructional design principles to clinical education programs to maximize learning effectiveness and efficiency.
- Systematically advances skills of division and facility-based educators, preceptors and mentors to support enterprise clinical education programs.
- Defines data requirements for monitoring performance, improvement, and outcomes of clinical education programs. Adjusts programs as indicated.
- Maintains active communication strategy and governance process involving key stakeholder groups.
- Defines a strategic framework for academic partnerships to support HCA's nursing agenda.
10 years experience as a nurse educator. Leadership experience required.
Previous experience with large scale change initiatives required, multi-facility experience desired. Effective written and verbal communication skills. Education
Doctoral preparation required. BSN required.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom