Corporate Compliance provides centralized compliance programs, utilities and governance for Prudential’s Compliance Program. The organization is comprised of three main areas: Center Led Compliance
is the main area responsible for the development, maintenance, standards and governance of frameworks that are implemented in Prudential’s businesses and corporate function compliance programs. Cross Functional Compliance
provides leveraged technology, processes, services and subject matter expertise for Prudential’s centralized compliance activities and programs. Cross Business Compliance
is responsible for the Compliance Programs for Prudential’s Corporate Centers and Centralized U.S. Business Services functions.
Prudential is currently recruiting a Vice President to lead Center Led Compliance organization. Job Summary :
Working with business unit and corporate function compliance teams across Prudential, this role is responsible for providing and maintaining governance, frameworks and processes for the compliance program operations on behalf of the company’s Chief Ethics & Compliance Officer (CECO). The main objective of the role is to provide collaborative leadership in coordinating common goals and initiatives that facilitate governance of the overall Compliance Program. The individual in this role will also be responsible for forging productive and collaborative relationships within Prudential’s GRC structure that includes Operations Risk Management, Audit and other control functions.
This is a newly created senior leadership role requiring strong competency in strategic vision, collaboration and execution. This role has supervisory responsibility for approximately 35-40 direct and indirect reports with potential for growth. The position reports to the head of Corporate Compliance who in turn reports to the CECO, the global head of Compliance for the company. Job Responsibilities :
The main departmental areas of responsibility include:
- Compliance Program Governance - Processes for managing Compliance related issues, Regulatory Change and management Reporting for the CECO including reports to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors. Management and maintenance of Prudential’s enterprise policy framework as well as Compliance governing standard operating procedures. Completion of certain regulatory filings. Coordination of Compliance related interactions with the Fed.
- Compliance Risk Assessment - Governance and oversight of a full scope Compliance Risk Assessment framework and process.
- Compliance Testing - Delivery and completion of a full scope Compliance Annual Testing Program including facilitation test planning on behalf of the Compliance organization and overseeing the centralized utility functions that perform compliance testing.
- Global Compliance Education – Oversight of the global training program for all employees and a comprehensive professional development program for the company’s Compliance professionals.
Desired Experience and Expertise :
- Work Sourcing Oversight –Development and maintenance of a centralized strategy for compliance activity resourcing including leveraging Prudential’s internal sourcing capabilities, work being done by external vendors, implementation of work centralization opportunities and identifying strategies for activities that might be shifted to alternative resourcing for better work efficiency and effectiveness across the Compliance organization.
- Compliance leadership experience.
- Strategy development and execution.
- Proven track record of project/program management and implementation.
- Process development, implementation and management.
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders with different needs and priorities.
- Skilled influencer in challenging existing paradigms and assumptions.
- Business acumen and knowledge in financial services, asset management and/or insurance experience a plus.
- 10 years of relevant Compliance Operations experience in financial services.
- Exceptional people management and talent development competency.
- Must be highly collaborative, open-minded and able to work with and influence others without having direct authority.
- Proven track record of process re-engineering, simplification and streamlining.
- Comfortable in ambiguity, self-directed and an agent and advocate for change.
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- College, advanced degree or relevant experience in the military.
A little about us:
Prudential was founded on the belief that being financially prepared is a right, not a privilege.