Visa's Global Marketing & Communications team is searching for a Vice President to lead a Content Development Center of Excellence. The selected candidate will bring leadership, vision and creativity to both creating and advancing the approach to a best-in-class, results-driving centralized in-house content development team.
Reporting directly to the Senior Vice President, Global Marketing Platforms & Capabilities, this role will lead the effort to support business priorities by delivering innovative creative content against key strategic initiatives. He/she is responsible for developing the strategy, formulating the team and creating original content that supports Visa's marketing and communications objectives. Their team will partner with global marketing and communications leaders and subject matter experts across Visa to create engaging content for use across a variety of internal and external channels. He/she will work cross-functionally, partnering with key leaders to deliver cost savings and streamline partnerships and investments across the enterprise.
The successful candidate will understand how to take an audience-based approach to developing compelling content in support of Visa's mission statement: "The best way to pay and be paid, for everyone, everywhere."
- Lead team of content creators, including writers/storytellers, video producers/editors and graphic designers to deliver globally relevant news and information in in a compelling format to engage and inspire audiences
- Develop and manage an editorial calendar mapped to business objectives, key announcements, and events
- Leverage existing brand and reputation assets to maintain a consistent voice and look, tone and feel
- Manage agreed content agency budgets and relationships
- Collaborate with Visa leaders and internal partners to ensure content is relevant and accurately reflects initiatives across the company
- Work with local and regional leads to define and manage a consistent global voice while ensuring relevant content localization and translation
Experienced, results-oriented leader with at least 15 years progressively responsible business experiences and a proven track record in launching global strategic initiatives; demonstrated expertise in a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures; experience writing and managing content creation team (media/publishing, corporate, academic, agency, etc.); ability to work effectively in a matrixed environment; previous experience working in financial services or working with financial institutions, preferred; background in leading high-performance teams. Drive Growth
- Establishes internal and external partnerships by identifying common interests and mutually beneficial opportunities.
- Establishes a goal-oriented culture and continually raises the bar for organizational achievement.
- Scans the internal and external environment to leverage new sources of data and create a compelling vision for the organization.
Execute on Commitments
- Creates an environment where independent thinking is encouraged and where productive debate about existing assumptions, methods and processes is the norm.
- Recognizes and acts on ways to anticipate needs, address unmet demands, and enter new markets.
- Champions and devotes resources to process improvement efforts across the function and the company.
Collaborate Across Boundaries
- Creates clear strategic priorities for the business and aligns resources accordingly.
- Ensures that decisions are made in a timely manner without overanalyzing data; holds managers accountable for balancing risks and meeting goals.
- Effectively prioritizes the most critical projects for the business function and aligns resources appropriately.
- Monitors success metrics against established criteria and benchmarks.
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity
- Executes decisions with the goals and vision of the company in mind; acts as a representative of the company brand both internally and externally.
- Identifies complex issues affecting multiple areas and develops solutions that can be applied across the organization.
- Ensures a culture of cooperation and relationship building at every level of the organization; builds and continually revisits organizational structures that best support a culture of collaboration.
Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa customers trust us with the most valuable data on earth about global commerce. Working on data at Visa is unique opportunity at a time when the payments industry is undergoing a digital transformation with data as a critical differentiator. We offer you the opportunity to be at the center of innovation in the payments industry and unleash the power of data through building powerful data-driven services.
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.