We are seeking an attorney in the ERISA/Benefits Law Department with (i) private funds and institutional experience to provide legal advice to Prudential’s institutional businesses and benefit plans on a broad range of ERISA Title I and Internal Revenue Code (the “Code”) issues, and (ii) experience in handling executive compensation matters, including issues relating to Section 409A of the Code. The responsibilities for this position include:
- Representing the Company’s benefit plan fiduciaries on plan investment issues including advising on ERISA issues in connection with alternative investments (e.g., hedge funds and private equity funds) and reviewing and negotiating investment documentation (e.g., adoption agreements, group annuity contracts, etc.);
- Representing the Company’s institutional asset management businesses by providing advice on the application of prohibited transaction exemptions and reviewing and negotiating ERISA provisions in investment management agreements, adoption agreements, leases, derivative agreements, note purchase agreements, etc.;
- Designing, drafting and implementing compensation arrangements for executives and employees, including nonqualified deferred compensation arrangements, incentive plans, severance plans, equity and equity-based incentive plans, and co-invest and carried interest plans;
- Handling all employee benefit aspects of M&A transactions for the Company, which include drafting and negotiating ERISA/Benefits provisions;
- Counseling on securities filings and disclosures as they relate to equity plans and compensation of senior executives;
- Collaborating with other attorneys on tax, securities, and other related regulatory matters relevant to the Company plan’s alternative investments; and
- Providing additional legal support to other business units as necessary.
A little about us:
Our support of the military includes providing civilian employment opportunities to transitioning service members and military spouses.