Prudential’s Group Insurance business, one of the country’s largest group insurance providers, is looking for a dynamic attorney to join the legal department in Roseland, New Jersey. This is an opportunity for a highly motivated and talented lawyer to join a collegial team handling a full range of legal matters supporting all aspects of the business from product development, sales and distribution, administration and claims and everything in between. The candidate must be willing and able to rapidly gain a deep understanding of a range of group insurance products, including life, disability and accident policies. The successful candidate must have superior legal research and writing skills, exceptional interpersonal abilities, and a strong drive for personal and professional growth. A minimum of 8 years of corporate, law firm, in-house and/or regulatory legal experience involving state insurance laws and regulations applicable to group insurance is preferred. Experience involving variable insurance products and ERISA also is a plus. Candidates with insurance litigation experience looking for a path to a business counseling role will be considered. Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Qualifications: REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Providing legal and regulatory advice to the business in the ongoing administration, servicing and management of the Group Insurance business.
- Provide legal support to Group Insurance claim organizations.
- Participate in product development initiatives as well as modifications to existing products and services.
- Representation of the Group Insurance business in cross business/corporate initiatives.
- Coordinating with the Compliance, Risk Management and other business lawyers/units.
- Reviewing and drafting contracts, memoranda and other documentation relating to the administration and servicing of products by Group Insurance, related business groups, vendors and distributing partners.
- Reviewing and providing advice on communications to customers and distribution partners as related to state regulatory, operational and administrative aspects of the business.
- A minimum of 8 years of corporate, law firm, in-house and/or regulatory legal experience involving state insurance laws and regulations applicable to annuities and/or life insurance preferred.
- Conceptual Thinking.
- A true drive for results and desire to learn all aspects of the business.
- Excellent research and creative problem-solving skills
- Exceptional interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Excellent judgment and the ability to make clear, rational and timely decisions in the best interests of Prudential consistent with available facts and applicable laws and regulations.
- A superior work ethic combined with the ability to consistently maintain high service, quality, efficiency and ethical standards.
- The ability to thrive in an environment where coordination and teamwork is a priority and the ability to interact well with business representatives.
- Flexibility and a willingness to adapt to changing needs of the organization and/or business clients.
A little about us:
Our support of the military includes providing civilian employment opportunities to transitioning service members and military spouses.