Altice USA is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States. We are a subsidiary of Altice NV, a convergent global leader in telecom, content, media, entertainment and advertising founded in 2001 by entrepreneur Patrick Drahi. We are driven by a philosophy to always challenge ourselves. We question everything so that we can find the best way forward for our customers. And in a world where continuous innovation is the only way forward, we are redefining the vision we have for our customers, enterprises, advertisers - and our people. Responsibilities
We are looking for an experienced corporate attorney to provide legal services across a number of corporate, strategic and legal matters, including: (a) mergers, acquisitions, investments, joint ventures and dispositions, (b) corporate finance transactions, (c) SEC reporting and disclosure and (c) general corporate matters. This individual will report to the Executive Vice President and General Counsel of Altice USA. Strong communication skills and diplomacy are important for this role, as this attorney will negotiate with other attorneys as well as non-attorneys in the industry. While not a sales or business development role, this attorney will need to be able to build and foster strong business relationships, and provide seamless collaboration with related practice areas.
Primary areas of focus for the VP Attorney will be:
Managing legal aspects of strategic transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, investments, divestitures and joint ventures
Providing legal advice with respect to disclosure matters, including in connection with quarterly and annual reports filed with the SEC, earnings releases, lender reporting obligations, securities offerings and financing transactions
Assisting in the preparation of proxy statements, Section 16 filings and related disclosures required to be filed with the SEC
Monitoring and identifying corporate governance, ethics and compliance matters, including overseeing various corporate policies and plans, preparing materials for board and committee meetings, and managing the board minute books
Regularly interacting with senior executives, members of the finance, accounting, HR, tax, business planning and product teams as well as external advisors
Providing support and advice to business units and other lawyers on commercial contracts, including drafting and negotiating agreements Qualifications
- Juris Doctor with 10+ years in M&A and corporate and securities related position
- Broad M&A and corporate & securities experience, preferably in private practice at a large law firm, which should include: leading and managing transactions; drafting and negotiating agreements; SEC reporting
- Experience managing a wide variety of public company securities, disclosure and corporate matters
- Experience with corporate governance, including the preparation of corporate policies, board of directors minutes and consents and annual shareholder meeting materials
- Strong communication skills involving different cultures and levels of an organization
- Exceptional writing and presentation skills
- Industry-related experience preferred, not required.
Altice USA is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States.