Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Global Head of Credit, the VP of Credit Access will develop the business plan for and then manage the build and rollout of capabilities Visa will provide its issuing clients to accelerate adoption of credit in regions with relatively low credit penetration. We expect there will be significant focus on building underwriting support from transaction data and digital servicing capabilities.
The role can be located in any of a variety of locations where Visa has major hubs including San Francisco, New York, Washington DC, London, Singapore, or Miami. It is expected there will be significant travel to international locations with low credit penetration. Job Description
The VP of Credit Access will:
- Identify the key barriers to banks issuing credit cards in less penetrated markets from an economic, banking infrastructure, technical and human capital standpoint
- Implement a series of proof of concepts to demonstrate which of those gaps Visa can feasibly address in a scalable way (for example, build an underwriting model using transaction data abstracted from country specific data)
- Given the results of the POCs, make a recommendation on if and how Visa can accelerate the adoption of credit in less penetrated markets
- Supervise the technology builds to support those recommendations
- Partnering with regional product teams to a) develop and deploy prototypes for in-market testing and b) refine the product to a commercial grade solution
- Develop region-specific strategies to launch and gain scale in credit access capability
- 12+ years of experience with a substantial portion in product management
- Strong understanding of credit card issuer economics and drivers
- Experience with design thinking approaches to consumer product development
- Experience partnering cross functionally with technology teams, market research, finance, and sales functions on product definition and development
- Experience with Agile development approaches
- Experience developing go-to-market plans, sales enablement tools, and managing technical sales support
- Experience building and leading high performing teams of product managers and analysts
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
A little about us:
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.