Reporting to the Senior Vice President of the Personal Lines Direct Channel and Marketing, the VP Digital Strategy will be responsible for evolving The Hartford's Personal Lines digital experience for customers and agents for the brand's digital presence, driving purchasing behavior through the use of all available digital techniques, including emerging platforms and technologies; with a strong focus on the key business metrics including revenue, profit, demand, traffic, site conversion, retention, and engagement. This role will partner with Direct and Agency Marketing, Sales, Service, and IT to create a market-leading digital strategy that will accommodate the way customers and agents want to research, purchase, and service their personal insurance needs in the digital space and differentiate The Hartford as a leader in the digital domain.
• Creates and effectively implements a Personal Lines customer-centric digital strategy with a focus on analytics and a commitment to continuous improvement
• Lead the thinking for mobile platform development: website content, ecommerce, partnership and community development, consumer research, marketing, and website technology
• Drives purchasing behavior through the use of digital techniques including paid digital media, social media, blogs, e-commerce, and emerging platforms and technologies; building a "best customer" program that enables consumers to become passionate brand advocates, while also driving cross-category purchases.
• Utilizes data to link digital, direct, and agency channels for a more complete view of customer activity
• Grow and upgrade organizational capability in the digital area and seamlessly integrate digital marketing into each marketing program.
• Partners with:
- Direct and Agency leaders to create a holistic and inclusive approach to developing and optimizing the customer experience for those customers that touch the digital channel in their customer lifetime.
- Cross-functional partners including key stakeholders, product development, sales, and other marketing teams to ensure a consistent message and focus across all consumer touch points
- Analytics team to more clearly map client journeys and define more personalized experiences
- Measures existing KPI's and identifies new measures to track ROI effectively
- Leads with passion to promote employee engagement, productivity, and development; embodies The Hartford's behaviors (Deliver Outcomes, Work as a Team, Build Strong Partnerships, and Strive for Excellence), and holds the team accountable to do the same
• Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business or related field.
• Minimum 10 years' experience:
o Developing integrated media and marketing platforms that include experience in social, digital and traditional marketing; prospective candidates will be required to show relevant work. o Leveraging customer-based information with understanding of the industry and company to create insights and influence idea development and decision-making processes with respect to front-end design. o Creating digital strategies resulting in revenue growth, ability to scale and deliver superior customer experience.
o Translating trends into brand aligned business opportunities in the digital arena.
o Translating technical e-commerce experience concepts to audiences at all levels of the organization. o Working in a highly matrixed organization.
• Deep understanding of the digital environment and evolving tools and platforms used to improve online presence.
• Demonstrated success experimenting with new approaches and technology.
• MBA in Marketing and/or a degree in human interface design, interaction design, human-computer interaction, or information design, strongly preferred.
• Communication - Excellent written and verbal communication skills; can create and present compelling vision of the future.
• Comfortable with ambiguity.
• Partnerships - ability to build cooperative, productive relationships with internal clients and vendors and interact effectively with all levels of management.
o Thought Leaders - a naturally collaborative thought leader that continuously seeks and drives new ideas and better ways of accomplishing work; drive for innovation.
o Talent Leader - Develops effective plans for talent needs; actively recruits and builds teams of people with diverse skills and perspectives, retains key talent and has a strong track record of developing talent through ongoing coaching and feedback.
o Adaptive leader - creates environment that is flexible to changing business conditions to capitalize on opportunities; ensures needed information flows quickly and freely.
About The Hartford:
With more than 200 years of expertise, The Hartford (NYSE: HIG) is a leader in property and casualty insurance, group benefits and mutual funds. The company offers a full complement of business insurance coverages, auto and home insurance, employee benefits and a family of mutual funds to help its customers prepare for the unexpected, protect what is most important to them, and prevail in the event the unexpected happens. Headquartered in Hartford, Conn., the company has approximately 17,500 employees located throughout the country. The Hartford reported 2014 revenues of $18.6 billion. Throughout its history, the company has delivered on its promises to agents, brokers and customers, insuring some of the nation's most historic construction projects, such as the Golden Gate Bridge and the Hoover Dam. The Hartford has also paid claims related to some of America's largest disasters, including the Great Chicago Fire of 1871, the San Francisco Earthquake of 1906, the September 11 terrorist attacks, and more recently, Hurricane Katrina and Storm Sandy. The Hartford's biggest competitive advantage is its employees. We hire a broad range of talented teammates from diverse backgrounds and cultures. We look for teammates who share our vision to be an exceptional company celebrated for financial performance, character, and customer value. The Hartford is widely recognized for its service excellence, sustainability practices, and trust and integrity. The company has been recognized by:
• Human Rights Campaign as a 2015 Best Place to work for LGBT Equality (2009-2015)
• Dow Jones Sustainability Index as a leader in corporate sustainability (2014)
• Carbon Disclosure Project on the 2014 Climate Leadership Index (2014)
• GI Jobs as a 2014 Military Friendly Employer (2010-2014)
• Military Times Edge as a 2015 "Best for Vets" Employer (2010-2015)
• Ethisphere Institute as a "World's Most Ethical Company" (2008-2012, 2014, 2015)
• U.S. EPA with the annual Climate Leadership Award (2014-2015)
Visit our website to learn more about The Hartford's recognition. More information about the company and its product offerings is available at www.thehartford.com. Join us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TheHartford. Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TheHartford. The Hartford is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, ancestry or citizenship status, genetic information, pregnancy status or any other characteristic protected by law. The Hartford maintains a drug-free workplace and is committed to building inclusion and leveraging diversity. ** NO AGENCIES PLEASE **