Are you passionate about conceptualizing, nurturing, developing and proving new ideas and developing them into new solutions? Would you like to help create the next major innovation in and around the payment landscape pioneering and leveraging the most advanced devices, hardware and software in the world, anything and everything in and around world's largest payment ecosystem?
In this role, you shall also be spear heading engineering efficiency in Product Teams by delivering shared, Visa-wide, engineering services, tools and systems. These systems will accelerate creating products featuring the best customer experience with the highest reliability, security, privacy, and support.
As a leader of Innovation & engineering fundamentals, you will work in a rapid-paced environment and partner with teams across the company & be accountable for strategy, planning, and execution/delivery. You will face big challenges and question the status quo. You will change the way engineering is done at Visa with this initiative.
You will need to understand all stages of our product engineering lifecycle across different product teams. Based on the learning you will then work with developer team to develop relevant solutions - quick iteration on promising concepts, solution prototyping and development, all the way through successful tools/solutions roll out to other Visa teams. We will take a data driven approach and are passionate about having a culture of learning fast and constantly iterating towards success. You will have the opportunity to wear multiple hats and demonstrate breadth, depth, and leadership. The solutions you help create will have a multiplier effect across all of Visa.
In this role, you will also be evangelizing the Engineering Fundamentals for all development teams at Visa. This includes engaging in technical and functional discussions with all the engineering teams.
Successful candidates will be highly adaptable, possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills, and able to effectively manage multiple work streams. You should have had experience collecting or analyzing engineering data and using this data to drive business decisions. You should have familiarity with databases, technologies, automation, platforms, and tools especially focused around engineer productivity, whether it be development, QA or operations
The ideal candidate for this position will have more than 10 years of technical product and/or program management experience with an ability to think tactically as well as strategically. The person should be able to lead cross functional teams in a highly matrixed environment. Responsibilities:
- Be at the heart of developing new ideas into demo-able products by working closely with advanced technology and high profile IP
- Work alongside and collaborate with UX, art, engineering, and partner teams to deliver products, features, services, and tools
- Drive rapid prototyping cycles from technical requirements, software designs, programming, debugging, and optimization
- Consult on a regular basis with leadership to align expectations and deliverables
- Be scrappy and leverage the small team to the fullest to work on multiple parallel solutions and tools.
- Technical product management functions including functional specs, roadmap, project management, issue/risk management, and cross-division coordination.
- Extensive cross-organization collaboration playing a crucial role in interfacing with various technology teams and business stakeholders to identify requirements, converting them to functional specs, prioritizing, and driving execution using agile methodologies.
- Own the roadmap for engineering fundamentals.
- Evangelize developer productivity solutions and systems across all the development teams to drive adoption.
- Explore and innovate new technologies, features, and tools
- Use stubs as needed to simulate capabilities lighting up in the near future.
- Work collaboratively across team boundaries to share common infrastructure and functional capabilities. Provide feedback into core product teams to influence their roadmap and strategy.
We're looking for a seasoned individual to drive game-changing innovation in and around Visa's partner eco-system. You should have experience building multi-skilled teams capable of rapid prototyping of new ideas. You and your team will be at the forefront of strategic partnerships, breakthrough technologies, new ideas, hackathons, demos and rapid prototyping. You will work closely with business development teams, partners and internal product teams and cross- leverage engineering talent internally and externally.
- Passion for innovation, new ideas, quick prototyping, hackathons etc.
- Prior work exploring and innovating new IP, genres, and product experiences
- Professional experience in ideation and incubation which has led to shipping products
- Multi-disciplinary skills and experience in ideation, software design, programming, debugging, and optimization
- Solid understanding of payment industry and multi-channel commerce space
- Experience, ideas and opinions about emerging trends such as "Internet of Things"
- Proven skill-set and track record in developing one line ideas into products
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and drive for excellence
- Have an open-minded approach to development strategy and approaches
- Team builder and capable of building culture for innovation
- Technical hands on skills, ideally in multiple technology stacks for web development, APIs and Mobile application development on diverse platforms
- 10+ years of software engineering experience
- 5+ years of experience in leadership roles with increasing responsibility
- MS or BS in Computer Science or equivalent
About Visa: Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity
- Prior experience working in a start-up or at VC firms in a "Resident Entrepreneur" capacity
- Financial services and/or payments processing industry experience is a plus.
- Patents and other proofs of past success in creating IP
. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere . This is our global vision and the common purpose
that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity
to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
"Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code."
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.