Vice President, Gas Products and Services - Tampa, FL
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posted: November 15, 2017
Reference ID: 15854
Airgas South, a subsidiary of Airgas USA, LLC. the nation's leading distributor of industrial, medical and specialty gases and welding supplies, has a Vice President, Gas Products and Services position available in our Tampa, FL area.
The primary function of this job is to manage and direct the sales efforts of a regional company's sales and marketing functions for bulk, micro-bulk and specialty gases and related equipment and services through managing the respective Gas Specialists and influencing key personnel that manage regional field sales personnel. This position is directly involved in strategic customer opportunities and has overall responsibility for bulk, micro-bulk and specialty gas sales and marketing programs. The main duties are to manage the specialists to target bulk, micro-bulk and specialty gases and equipment customers and to promote market specific growth initiatives into the key product categories such as refrigerants, environmental products and process chemicals. This individual is also responsible for managing the respective Gas Specialists to insure that all the supply needs of the branches are met.
• Develops, coaches and directs the efforts of the gas specialists to develop the sale of bulk, micro-bulk and specialty gases and equipment.
• Promotes market and product specific initiatives to gas specialists and customers.
• Communicate Initiatives to the region and successfully manage relationships with region personnel.
• Manage sales efforts of Gas Specialists to achieve budget.
• Plans and implements gas and equipment training for inside/outside sales associates.
• Manage Gas Specialists to insure branches receive products as needed through the most efficient channel.
• Negotiate prices and handle product supply with 3rd party vendors.
• Acts as a sourcing and technical resource for sales associates (inside and outside).
• Manages gas "Target Account Planning and Tracking System" for territory and updates on a monthly basis to management.
• Analyzes and recommends expansion of regional lab production capabilities at regional production facilities.
• Documents and coordinates competitive market activity to management.
• Other duties and projects as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university required; course work in Chemistry or Engineering preferred.
• Minimum 5-7 years' sales experience, preferably selling bulk, micro-bulk and specialty gases and equipment exclusively while working for gas producer.
• 7 years of leadership experience preferred.
• Proven experience calling on laboratory and technical personnel; past record of achieving or exceeding assigned sales goals.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• General knowledge of analytical and process control markets and applications.
• Working knowledge of bulk, micro-bulk and specialty gases, pure gas and mixture production methods.
• Good presentation, negotiating and public speaking skills.
• Good analytical and trouble-shooting skills.
• Team player with positive attitude.
• Able to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
• Able to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
• Able to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups in a business setting.
• Able to use a calculator to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commission, proportion, percentages, area, and volume.
• Able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Computer literacy required.
• Able to drive or have access to transportation.
• Able to talk, hear, walk, sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch.
• Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Occasionally must work in outside weather conditions and in moderately noisy conditions.
• Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace.
Looking for a great company to work for? You'll Find It With Us! Airgas South offers a competitive compensation and excellent benefits package, which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug, Life & Disability Insurance, 401(k), Tuition Reimbursement and more
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability