Splunk is a global, multi-product company that is focused on providing a leading platform for Operational Intelligence. Splunk enables customers to look closely at machine data and gain insights that can help make our customers more productive, profitable, competitive and secure. Overall Customer Success is a core focus for Splunk and we are committed to delivering customer delight with every customer interaction. The VP, Global Customer Support and Renewals is core member of the Customer Success team and will help build a support offering that delivers a consistent and high level of customer loyalty. We are looking for someone who is an advocate for exceeding customer expectations, knows how to motivate teams and create high levels of engagement and can manage effortlessly on a global basis.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Manage a global team of support professionals delivering world class service to our customers
- Lead a global world-class Maintenance Renewals team, taking insights from the Support team to ensure high renewal rates
- Develop strategies and techniques to manage cost and scale without sacrificing quality of service
- Analyze and streamline support operations
- Manage the renewals business for Splunk as part of the overall support team
- As part of the renewals effort, meet or exceed renewal rate targets
- Work closely with Product Management and engineering, providing feedback from customers on product quality and features
- Play an active role on the Customer Success team to help develop and define overall strategy
- Recruit, develop, motivate and accelerate the success of the support and renewal team
- Achieve high scores for customer satisfaction and NPS related to the support and renewal functions
- Innovate and develop new ways to achieve high levels of customer loyalty
- Work collaboratively with other departments to achieve common goals
- Develop differentiated offerings and work closely with sales to help sell the right offerings to our strategic cusomers
- Establish KPI's to measure and report on team performance
- 10+ years of related Customer Support related leadership experience
- 10+ years experience translating learnings from the Support function into actions that help improve product functionality, positively impacting renewals and sales.
- Leadership experience over maintenance renewals offerings
- Experience leading 100+ person organizations with significant revenue responsibility
- Possess executive level communications skills
- Experience leading global teams
- Continuous improvement mentality
Education: Got it!
- At least 10 years experience in Customer Support or related roles
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or business or equivalent experience.
- Familiarity with Finance models as applied to software industry.
- MBA strongly preferred
- Process reengineering experience a plus
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is one of the fastest growing and most complex areas of big data-generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, sensors, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of taking massive amounts of machine data, and providing powerful insights from that data. IT insights. Security insights. Business insights. It's what we call Operational Intelligence.
Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has over 13,000 customers in more than 110 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data to deepen business and customer understanding, mitigate cybersecurity risk, prevent fraud, improve service performance and reduce costs. Innovation is in our DNA - from technology to the way we do business. Splunk is the platform for Operational Intelligence!
Splunk has more than 2,700 global employees, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in San Jose, CA and regional headquarters in London and Hong Kong.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer, "Fun Fridays".
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO and sick leave. Our work environments vary by location however we believe in hosting amenities and fun activities to fuel our energy. You may find fully stocked micro kitchens, catered lunches on Mondays and breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer and "Fun Fridays".
This isn't a job - it's a life changer - are you ready?
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor's EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk's Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk's website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone.