Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.Job Description
The Vice President, Global Network Operations role will provide senior technical expertise and executive leadership to manage all aspects of network operations for the company's global infrastructure, including wide-area networks, datacenter networks and campus/corporate networks. This is a critical role with overall technical operations responsibility and accountability to deliver best-in-class network availability, security and performance to all of Visa's internal and external customers. Visa's infrastructure is one of industry's most mission-critical environments, supporting more than 100 billion payment transactions annually and connecting consumers, businesses, banks and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
The successful candidate will bring industry thought leadership to drive the transformation of Visa's global networks toward next-generation operational capabilities with a focus on leveraging latest innovations in software-defined networking (SDN), virtualization and big data analytics.
This function reports to the Vice President, Head of Global Infrastructure Network Services.
This is an exciting opportunity for a world-class technology executive to join the team that is driving and executing on Visa's global network transformation vision. Job Scope:
The successful candidate will provide senior technical leadership and expertise across LAN/WAN/DC & cloud networking. S/He will develop and execute new initiatives to simplify, standardize and optimize network operations methods and tools to reduce cycle times and increase security, availability, service
agility, and global synergy of Visa's global networks.
The successful candidate will have responsibility and accountability across several key areas, including:
- Network operations (including level-1 & level-2 incident management, change management and problem management), as well as network security operations
- Operations planning, strategy & continuous improvement
- Customer/partner engagements
More specifically, the primary responsibilities include the following:
- Establish best-practice methodologies based on metrics-based KPIs for incident/change/problem management in a global, 24x7, high-volume, high-availability, critical production environment.
- Develop and drive the development of innovative network operations processes and tools from concept to delivery with a focus on latest innovations in SDN, virtualization and big data.
- Provide executive leadership to manage demands from projects and technology upgrades including recommendations for vendor tools/solutions and global alignment of networks.
- Oversee network operations projects, including budgeting, planning, implementation, maintenance, administration, staffing and logistics.
- Keen understanding of budgets and financials, and measuring business value via leading-edge metrics and KPIs.
- Mentor, manage and motivate a high-performing team of senior managers/directors and/or senior professionals and set clear priorities to achieve department goals and KPIs.
- Manage oversight of complex network operations processes based on a combination of vendors, custom solutions, and internal resources.
- Support adoption of new technologies and tools, and recommend capability improvements to network and security operations.
- Ensure that information security and risk management are embedded within the culture requiring continuous improvement to a complex set of functions to coordinate security and compliance risks related to information systems and assets. Drive coordination, consensus and execution to mitigate cyber risk issues and emerging threats in such a dynamic environment.
- Direct the continuous and secure operation, administration and maintenance of the corporate computing and networking infrastructure, including development of Risk Management, Identity/Access Management, Information Security and Privacy, and Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Plans.
- Determine need for new products and systems based on budget, client needs, and improvements in technology.
- Analyze network from a cost, capacity, and forecast perspective, and evaluate new network operations technologies and applications.
- Develop strategic roadmaps to ensure network operations goals are met.
- Work closely with other departments to proactively ensure network operations capabilities are capable of handling emerging and future business requirements.
- Ensure service-level targets are met, and address all service-level complaints.
- Ensure network operations are conducted according to corporate standards, and in compliance with external standards as defined in company objectives (e.g.,ITIL, COBIT, ISO27001/27002 and similar).
- Participate in disaster recovery/business continuity activities, as needed.
- Establish standards & governance in future acquisitions to mitigate risk and maximize network stability.
- Provide subject matter expertise in interactions with partners and customers, program manage collaboration projects externally and internally.
- The ideal candidate should be an executive with strong leadership skills and solid background in network operations, engineering, tools and technologies.
- The following qualifications are required for the role:
- Experience leading a large network (operations) team for an enterprise that has a large B2B or consumer-facing network infrastructure.
- Proven track record of driving change and transformation in network operations processes, tools and technologies through metrics-driven, KPI-based methodologies, and through an evidence-based operational improvement and decision-making approach to best meet business objectives and priorities.
- Prior experience in driving and leading enterprise technology and cultural transformation programs.
- Experience working with highly-effective engineering teams through major technology transitions.
- Demonstrated understanding of tools and technologies in network operations ecosystem.
- Prior experience in a dedicated role around defining network operations strategic planning.
- Must be technical and should demonstrate the core fundamentals of latest innovations in software-defined networking.
- Demonstrated consistent and steady growth in career.
- Prior experience in non-Cisco networking technologies.
- Hands-on experience in deploying large scale-out network technologies.
- Experience in managing cost reduction programs.
- Excellent communicator and able to drive consensus across diverse/global technology teams.
- Must have strong and pragmatic views about open standards and with supporting evidence.
- Track record in developing next-generation leaders.
- Demonstrated experience of metrics-driven management with accountability.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or related field.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.