Strategic Sourcing Job Number:
161926 Description Visa Inc.
Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
Visa does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates and fees for consumers. Visa's innovations enable its bank customers to offer consumers choices: Pay now with debit, ahead of time with prepaid or later with credit products. From the world's major cities to remote areas without banks, people are increasingly relying on digital currency along with mobile technology to use their money anytime, make purchases online, transfer funds and access basic financial services. All of which makes their lives easier and helps grow economies.
Behind the Visa brand are our talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world. Global Sourcing
Visa's Global Sourcing organization is part of the Global Finance function and manages the end to end sourcing and procurement of goods and services. The team is responsible for partnering with the business owners to lead all strategic sourcing activities globally to ensure optimal selection of suppliers that deliver best value in price and quality while minimizing risk to Visa. The team also provides support to the business with risk management, supplier contracting and purchase order processes to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and corporate policies and procedures. The team plays an essential role in delivering cost savings and providing the most efficient path for procuring goods and services. Position Summary
As one of the leaders of the Global Sourcing team at Visa, the Head of Technology Sourcing is the lead sourcing business partner to the Technology function, the EVP of Technology and the Technology Leadership Team (TLT) to drive and deliver successful enterprise-wide sourcing initiatives for all technology purchases globally. In this role, he/she will provide subject matter expertise and strategic guidance to the business leaders by understanding their strategy, initiatives and plans and translating them into sourcing initiatives that are aligned to meet the goals of the Technology organization. As the leader of the Technology Sourcing team, he/she will manage the sourcing staff designated to support all technology purchases globally. The Technology Sourcing team manages annual spend of about $1 billion in software, hardware, storage/networking equipment, telecommunication services and contractor labor across multiple countries and functions; and is expected to deliver savings of 4% to 6% annually. Job Scope
This is a leadership role within Visa's Global Sourcing organization and the responsibilities range from building relationships with Technology executives and working with stakeholders at all levels of the organization to drive strategic decision, to leading the sourcing business partners to deliver savings while balancing the risks and regulatory issues from engaging third parties. Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Builds and enhances relationships with the EVP of Technology and the TLT and develops sourcing strategies to meet their requirements while managing risks and achieving cost efficiencies for Visa.
- Ensures that Global Sourcing enhances its buying power based on cross functional and geography activities across all areas, leveraging Visa's global buying power and ensuring improvement opportunities at all times.
- Collaborates with the business leaders to evaluate Technology investment plans and identify sourcing opportunities and strategies to drive the sourcing pipeline and deliver cost savings.
- Manages suppliers and plans for the use of suppliers in connection with the implementation of Technology strategies and goals.
- Develops the strategy and directs and leads the implementation of enterprise-wide sourcing initiatives for large strategic technology partnerships and transactions in key category areas including software, hardware, infrastructure, storage/networking equipment, telecommunication services, contingent labor, and outsourced technology services.
- Leads a high performing team of senior managers and senior professionals responsible for proactively managing supplier relationships in defined categories to deliver cost savings and enhanced services for Visa.
- Leads a multi-location (country/region) team responsible for conducting various highly complex analysis, including opportunity assessments for selecting spend categories to source, market-benchmarking and spend analysis, category and supplier cost models and financial impact analysis from cost savings.
- Leads global sourcing teams in developing specifications, sourcing strategies and supplier negotiation strategies for global Technology procurements.
- Leads and facilitates supplier selection and highly complex contract negotiations, involving Legal, Finance, Risk and other departments as necessary, to achieve favorable terms on quality, delivery and price, ensure end-user needs are met and deliver substantial cost savings on a consistent basis.
- Leads or supports the Technology organization in measuring supplier performance for the key strategic suppliers including SLAs, working with supplier relationship owners to address issues as needed, and conducting quarterly performance reviews.
- Develops strategies to address the challenges of international sourcing such as regulatory practices/government requirements, cross-cultural business practices, economic and political risk factors, language and communication.
- Evaluates and minimizes risks associated with global sourcing such as currency exchange rate fluctuations, duties, taxes, payment terms, lead time and country-specific market dynamics.
- Bachelor's degree required; advanced business or legal degree highly preferred.
- Requires a minimum of 15 years of progressively responsible sourcing/vendor management experience with a minimum of 5 years of management experience.
- Ten or more years of Technology Sourcing experience, including: hardware, software, telecommunications and services.
- 5 or more years of global category management experience.
- Extensive experience in contract negotiations and drafting required.
- Excellent planning and organization skills and business judgment, including the ability to anticipate the impact of decisions/initiatives.
- Demonstrated project management skills with ability to drive consensus and influence leaders in cross regional and cross functional teams.
- Extensive sourcing experience managing complex relationships and experience working in international settings and outsourcing are highly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to build and lead a high performing team that partners with business owners to drive change and deliver significant value.
- Superior analytical, financial modeling and problem solving skills.
- Flexible and creative thinker with the ability to define business tradeoffs, generate out-of-the-box solutions, manage uncertainty and anticipate the impact of decisions/initiatives.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, executive presence, interpersonal and presentation skills and the proven ability to influence and communicate effectively.
- Familiarity with applicable regulatory requirements and ability to work effectively with various stakeholders to ensure compliance and minimize risk.
A little about us:
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.