Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk . Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
PURPOSE / SUMMARY:
This position will create an influence engagement strategy and lead SE involvement in US Federal, state and local level government relations covering the legislative landscape This includes administrative officials, agencies and offices, legislative bodies, regulatory entities, associations and coalitions, and code adoption authorities (where appropriate). The candidate will be expected to coordinate the strategic objectives of multiple business units and develop and manage an advocacy plan that engages Schneider Electric employees. The position will also work closely with the VP of Regulatory Affairs. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
A. Lead the development and implementation of legislative and regulatory policy, programs and strategies to advance Schneider Electric priorities
- Develop influence strategies that include methodology for assessing and prioritizing issues or geographies that advance Schneider Electric priorities
- Define positions on legislative, policy, political issues and funding/business development opportunities impacting Schneider Electric
- Influence energy and electricity legislation and regulation in a manner that supports SE business
B. Develop and maintain relationships with key opinion leaders to establish Schneider Electric’s brand and offer leadership and advance Schneider Electric strategic priorities
a. Serve as primary contact for interfaces with federal and/or state legislative, regulative, agency stakeholders, and key trade and business associations or organizations
- Evaluate partnership opportunities that can be used to create a broader local presence on key issues and projects
- Establish and maintain a sophisticated contact and lead efforts with LOB/local presence to determine existing relationships and map out plans to expand the influence network to the appropriate levels
C. Advocate Schneider Electric positions and represent Schneider Electric interests to key stakeholders
- Be a proactive, strategic agent on behalf of Schneider Electric’s interests and contribute to shaping the agenda, language, and funding opportunities
- Determine where and for what issues consultants or lobbyists are needed to further business objectives, and create a process for vetting those resources and evaluating ROI
D. Research, analyze and communicate government relations related intelligence to interested/impacted business partners
E. Leverage the Government Relations team’s functional offer and communication platforms and contribute to the continuous improvement of the system of management
- Implement and contribute to offer activities including thought leadership activities, position papers/policies, blogs and grassroots actions as necessary
- Determine budget needed to support activity level as outlined and agreed to in the strategic plan
A. Attend critical meetings or hearings and/or prepare the key personnel to represent Schneider Electric as necessary
B. Maintain close working relationship with VP, Regulatory Affairs and team
C. Develop and manage opportunities for SE executive leadership to engage in Government Relations
D. Maintain registration as lobbyist as required and maintain records for compliance Qualifications: Education:
An undergraduate degree is required. An advanced degree such as a J.D. or M.B.A. is highly desirable. Experience:
The successful candidate will have 7-10 years of government related experience. Experience in federal or state government relations in energy or utility related fields would be advantageous. Prior experience a s professional staff or senior public servant in a relevant government department or agency is highly desirable. Qualifications:
- A deep understanding of legislative and regulatory processes
- Ability to develop strategic plans around legislative and regulatory issues and opportunities
- Ability to value or monetize the investment in legislative and regulatory issue management and demonstrate ROI
- Ability to work across lines of business and across multiple segments to explain the value and benefit of a particular issue(s)
- Strong communications skills, both written and oral
- Strong strategic thinking and research skills
- Flexibility with an ability to adapt to changing priorities and legislative agendas
- A reputation for exemplifying and promoting ethical conduct
- Works collaboratively with others and is accepting of diverse perspectives
- Willingness to be transparent and share information freely
- Able to convince and influence in a manner that is a win-win for both internal and external entities
- Acute political sensitivity and savvy
- Proactive; able to develop new and creative ideas
- Proven self-starter and results-oriented, with attention to detail
- Willingness to travel and attend early morning and evening events on a regular basis
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY . Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
We’re the global specialist in energy management and automation. Our technologies ensure that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.