Product Management Job:
Product/Decision Analytics Job Number:
Visa has built one of the world's most advanced payments networks. It's capable of handling more than 20,000 transactions per second, with reliability, convenience and security, including fraud protection for consumers and guaranteed payment for merchants.
From across the globe, people are increasingly relying on digital payments and mobile technology to use their money any time, make purchases online, transfer funds across borders and access basic financial services. To ensure that payment transactions are secure and reliable, Visa has invested heavily in advanced authentication and fraud prevention technologies, and the company continues to develop and deploy new and innovative programs that fight fraud and protect cardholders.
Visa Analytics serves as a central analytics function that supports internal teams that work with our key Visa issuing banks and merchant clients, to drive value from Visa's unique global data assets. Visa Analytics comprises a global team of approximately 160 people, with hubs in Foster City, Singapore and Dubai. It provides custom analytics, business intelligence, and data products across Visa Inc., including Product, Consulting, Issuer Sales, Co-Brand, Merchant, Marketing and Risk. The group is also responsible for Visa's proprietary real-time risk and spend models. The Data Products team which develops and manages a number of Visa benchmarking products also rolls up to this team.
Reporting into the Global Head of Analytics, the North America Head of Custom Analytics will be responsible for defining and executing on the vision and strategic priorities for analytics at Visa. She/he will lead and manage the North America Custom Analytics team, and will lead and develop a world class team that accelerates Visa's becoming more analytical and provides issuer and merchant clients with impactful, actionable insights and tools. This role will enable Visa to become more data-driven by infusing analytics across the organization, and will be responsible for unlocking value from Visa's data and analytics assets. She/he will be responsible for:
- Recruiting, developing, and retaining a world class team of ~70 employees that support a diverse group of internal and external clients
- Providing thought leadership in analytic techniques and business applications to unlock the value of Visa's unique data set
- Leading the teams that build and manage Visa's key risk and loyalty models, as well as models for new products
- Evangelizing the creative use of data and analytics to solve business problems internally and externally
- Identifying trends in our client work to inform our product development path
- Managing relationships with senior external clients
- Continually looking at the environment to challenge our assumptions around new sources of data, tools, talent, potential partners, etc.
- Engaging with internal clients to improve delivery of custom projects
- Proven experience leading and inspiring a high-performing team to support growth objectives.
- Operate as a thought leader and visionary, with the ability to guide, influence and inspire peak performance across the analytics function
- Experience in financial services, preferably in payments / card networks
- Understanding of advanced analytics techniques and emerging forms of analytics
- Strong consultative skills to establish relationships across the broader organization; be viewed as a key contributor to Visa strategy and execution of Visa's vision
- Ability communicate at all levels with both business and technology leaders, with a strong understand of business data requirements and technology capabilities
- Ability to influence management and build consensus
- Minimum 15 years' experience in analytics-related functions
- Experience leading a large analytics function in fast-paced environment
- International experience preferred
- The ideal candidate holds an advanced degree in a quantitative field, such as statistics, mathematics, engineering, or economics. An MBA is preferred.
A little about us:
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.