Vice President of Finance
We invite you to explore the award-winning culture, people, rewards and opportunities that make AmerisourceBergen so special. Make your next career choice a confident one. We are currently seeking a Vice President of Finance, who is responsible for the strategic direction, development and sponsorship of long-term financial objectives for the Integrated Commercialization Solutions (ICS) Business Unit while ensuring alignment to corporate goals and deliverables. This role ensures engagement of ICS to support the financial objectives and accurately monitor and report progress to the executive team. This role is responsible for appraising ICS's operating results in terms of cost, budget, standard operating procedures, trends and increased profit possibilities.
ICS, a business unit of AmerisourceBergen, partners with pharmaceutical manufacturers to deliver third-party logistics services that improve the quality and efficiency of their supply chains. As the pioneer in the specialty logistics market, ICS has helped bring hundreds of specialty pharmaceutical products to market and served as an integral component in their growth.
ICS was founded in 1997 in Dallas as a part of what is now AmerisourceBergen Specialty Group. Since then, ICS has organically grown to become the industry leader in outsourced logistics and distribution services for pharmaceutical manufacturers. Our headquarters are now located in Frisco, Texas. In addition, ICS has two state-of-the-art distribution facilities outside Louisville, KY, and Reno, NV. Reporting Information/Location
This Vice President of Finance position is located at 3101 Gaylord Parkway, Frisco, TX 75034, and reports to the President of ICS. Position Responsibilities
- Directs and coordinates the fiscal year planning process in order to establish annual and long range budgets and forecasts for ICS.
- Responsible for ICS accounting and finance. Partners with ABC Corporate Accounting to establish internal controls, policies and procedures, as well as the preparation and reporting of financial statements in accordance with GAAP.
- Develops the Strategic Operating Plan, Annual Operating Plans/Budgeting/Forecasts for all activities related to ICS, including analytical financial processes.
- Ensures data integrity and ongoing refinement of financial analytic systems and practices to support tactical and strategic decision-making.
- Functional expertise to lead and support M&A activities
- Lead pre/post acquisition Due Diligence efforts as well as ensure appropriate financial processes and systems related to Finance are in place and working effectively.
- Assesses ICS financial performance and issues periodic performance reports to ABSG Corporate.
- Delivers specific recommendations on financial improvement programs, which will result in cost reduction and profit improvement of the Business Unit.
- Sponsors programs and process improvements to continually enhance the precision of financial forecasting and estimation.
- Responsible for sponsoring and implementing processes that support interchanges, co-targeting, and collaborative solutions to customer/manufacturer performance management ensuring maximized value.
- Responsible for ensuring proper staffing, training, performance management and career development to support all direct functional responsibilities.
- Directs the action steps assigned to the ICS finance team to ensure compliance with AmerisourceBergen's Sarbanes-Oxley compliance program.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Compensation for this position includes base salary plus bonus, depending on company financial results and individual performance. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates. Some of our benefits include:
- Healthcare for associates and their families, including eligible domestic partners
- Paid time off, including vacations and holidays
- Paid sick time off
- Paid volunteer time off
- Life insurance and disability protection
- Retirement benefits
We take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location. Travel
Travel is required of this position. Qualifications: Qualifications
AmerisourceBergen (NYSE: ABC)
- Master's Degree from an accredited university in business administration, accountancy, or similar vocations
- 8 years of experience directly related and progressively responsible experience
- Previous related healthcare services experience preferred
- Proven international finance expertise, preferably in various countries.
- Thorough understanding of company philosophy, strategic direction, goals and objectives in order to make effective use of company resources for short and long range financial needs
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of financial management and working knowledge of accounting principles
- Demonstrated project management/program management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; ability to lead by influence via the use of advanced facilitation skills; ability to build coalitions and gain consensus
- Strong leadership skills; ability to develop, initiate and sponsor strategic objectives
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills; attention to detail
- Strong financial analysis, systems, modeling and business intelligence skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
is one of the largest global pharmaceutical sourcing and distribution services companies, helping both healthcare providers and pharmaceutical and biotech manufacturers improve patient access to products and enhance patient care. With services ranging from drug distribution and niche premium logistics to reimbursement and pharmaceutical consulting services, AmerisourceBergen delivers innovative programs and solutions across the pharmaceutical supply channel in human medicine and animal health. With over $146 billion in annual revenue, AmerisourceBergen is headquartered in Valley Forge, PA, and employs approximately 19,000 people. AmerisourceBergen is ranked #12 on the Fortune 500 list. For more information, go to www.amerisourcebergen.com .
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran