Airgas, Inc., an Air Liquide company, is the nation's leading single-source supplier of gases, welding and safety products. Known locally nationwide, our distribution network serves more than one million customers of all sizes with a broad offering of top-quality products and unmatched expertise.
This role will support our Specialty Products and Nitrous Oxide Divisions. Specialty Products is the premier U.S. industrial ammonia supplier for emissions treatment, metal treatment, water treatment, chemical processing and refrigeration applications. Our Nitrous Oxide Division is the largest U.S. producer, shipping product around the world. We have a unique opportunity for a V.P. of Finance to join our team. Working closely with two Business Presidents and the CFO, he/she will redefine how Finance supports the business. In addition to leading a Business Unit Finance organization, you will act as a business partner that participates in strategy formulation and execution in order to deliver on financial goals.
We are looking for someone who understands that Finance is not just about the numbers and how they are derived, but more importantly includes the story that the numbers tell. The right candidate will have the aptitude to discern underlying trends from noise and focus the business on taking action to improve results. He/she must be confident helping to develop and communicate a strategy. He/she must also be able to quickly develop rapport and be someone seen as a 'sounding board' by the other leaders within the business. If you understand that Finance is a strategic partner to the business, we are looking for you! In terms of strategic aspects of this role, you will be responsible for:
In terms of the core functions, you will also be responsible for:
- Developing strong, trusted partnerships with your business leaders. You are there to act as an advisor and partner in the areas of business analysis, budgeting and forecasting, as well as investment analysis and business case development.
- Contribute actively to the development and implementation of an overall financial strategy, with the establishment of strategic vision, objectives, policies and procedures. Act as a change agent to lead the department in execution of this vision.
- Directly manages a Controller and a Director of Financial Planning and Analysis.
- Oversee all finance related activities for your Business Units, including developing and monitoring progress against Annual Operating Plan.
- Provides required management reporting (including P&L) and communicates results with Business Units, Division CFO and Corporate Finance as appropriate.
- Reviews monthly performance and financial results of the Business Units and provides recommendations to senior management.
- Oversees and directs cash flow, budgeting, audit, long range forecasting activities for the organization.
- Directs and coordinates the establishment of budget programs.
- Administers management bonus program including program design and structure as well as defining employee alignment with metrics.
- Analyzes, consolidates, and directs all cost accounting procedures together with other statistical and routine reports.
- Reports on and provides analysis on fixed assets, inventory, working capital and other balance sheet items.
- Provide leadership for acquisition due diligence and integration.
- Directs and analyzes studies of general economic, business, and financial conditions and their impact on the organization's policies and operations.
- Analyzes financial issues impacting functional groups and provides the necessary Finance related training to all employees to perform their jobs adequately.
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes:
- Master's degree in Business Administration is preferred. A Bachelor's degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university in Finance or Accounting is required.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is preferred
- Seven to ten years' experience in financial accounting/ analysis in positions of increasing responsibility
- The ability to quickly build trust and rapport with leaders and associates at every level
- Experience managing departments and cross-functional teams, including people development skills and leadership qualities
- Ability to maintain and handle confidential information.
- Strong organizational and communication skills are required
- Demonstrated ability to be personable, professional, responsive, knowledgeable, credible, trusted and drive value to an organization
- Strong experience with Microsoft office skills (Windows, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel)
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, Tuition Reimbursement, 401(k) with a generous match and much more...!Qualifications:
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.