Overview: About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter .
Description: Position Summary:
Based in Yosemite National Park; Yosemite National Park, CA, this position manages and directs the Lodging Operations team supporting Yosemite Hospitality, a subsidiary of Aramark operations at Yosemite National Park. The Vice President of Operations - Hotel & Lodging is responsible for the overall planning, direction and control of lodging properties within Yosemite National Park (the Park). The Vice President of Operations - Hotel & Lodging is responsible for and accountable for all implementation and management for specific components of lodging obligations contained within the contract within Park. The successful candidate facilitates the development of strategic operations plans aligned with the client's mission, vision, and objectives. The Vice President of Operations - Hotel & Lodging ensures fiscal and managerial compliance is executed at all times and develops a talented and engaged workforce. Primary Responsibilities:
- Develop and be accountable for a safety culture that creates a work environment where no one gets hurt.
- Work closely with Vice President Operations (VPO) to provide overall planning, direction and control to assigned units within Park, to achieve operating and financial goals.
- Provide leadership, guidance and motivation to managers and other Park staff.
- Responsible for assisting team members in their career growth, establishing an effective succession planning process and all recruitment required for Park.
- Interact with client management in each location within the Park and establish/maintain effective performance based client and customer relations.
- Responsible for the accuracy and predictability of each unit's financial performance through the utilization of the forecasting process. Responsible for communication of deviations and action plans to regional and divisional leadership.
- Identify opportunities to implement new and innovative products and services which support business development and client retention.
- Provide effective and timely management over the contract administration process including amendments and contract extensions.
- Promote vertical sales growth via active collaboration among the regional team and appropriate subject matter experts.
- Participate in professional and civic activities in support of Aramark community relations.
- Assist Labor Relations in negotiations of union contracts. Oversee all operational and financial implications of union contracts.
- Build effective partnerships with Regional leadership and their staffs.
Qualifications: Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Minimum 7 years of service experience is required.
- Minimum 7 years of experience working within highly regulated, government-influenced marketplaces, demonstrating the ability to build close relationships with public sector decision makers.
- Working knowledge and experience working with and analyzing data produced by critical systems including Springer Miller Systems (SMS), Retail Pro and Micros.
- Certified Hotel Administrator (CHA) certification is highly preferred. Proof of recertification status required.
- Must demonstrate the ability to lead multiple teams in a diverse environment and successfully provide alignment and innovation to generate measurable outcomes for multiple client and customer locations.
- Must have highly developed interpersonal, analytical and communication (written and verbal) skills.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.