Memorial has been providing comprehensive healthcare services for residents of south Tampa for more than 40 years. Conveniently located near downtown Tampa, the183-bed acute care hospital is Joint Commission accredited and provides 24-hour emergency care, behavioral health, cardiovascular services, general surgery and imaging and diagnostic services.
Specialized services include a new Surgical Center featuring the latest da Vinci robotic systems, a multiphase expansion to include new private patient rooms, an accredited Diagnostic Sleep Lab, Florida Bariatric Center, behavioral health, digital mammography, Health 4 Seniors, inpatient & outpatient rehabilitation services, orthopedics, women's health and wound and hyperbaric medicine.
The Vice President of Quality and Safety Management provides leadership and organizational wide direction, development, and implementation of services and programs within assigned areas.
Role Accountabilities include:
- Responsible for organizational wide direction, development and implementation of services and programs within assigned areas.
- Utilizes, integrates, and interprets data to assist organization in its improvement efforts, and promote optimal patient outcomes. Works collaboratively with Senior Management to develop strategic quality initiatives.
- Leads organizational performance efforts for JCAHO, core quality measures, COP and regulatory and all other accrediting and regulatory agencies. Ensures compliance with JCAHO, and all legal, regulatory and accrediting agency requirements are met.
- Ensures responsibility for organizational wide occurrence reporting system; analyzes and reports trends and identifies appropriate interventions to reduce risk and liability to the organization.
- Develops and implements educational programs for employees, medical staff and board members on analysis of risk assessment, historical and concurrent occurrence and claims data and national trends.
- Facilitates and directs organizational wide risk management program to ensure compliance with statutory mandates, regulatory requirements and accreditation standards of professional organizations, i.e., JCAHO, OSHA, etc.
- Participates in and provides leadership for organizational disaster preparedness and patient safety initiatives.
- Ensures the coordination of communication from the Quality Committee regarding activities of quality improvement teams and projects throughout the organization. Provides relevant and timely feedback to directors to improve services and processes.
- Acts as an expert resource to Senior Leadership, Department Managers, Physicians, and all members of the healthcare team regarding study design, data collection and interpretation, PI quality model, team process and group dynamics. Serves as organizational liaison with Corporate Quality Department.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability in managing productivity standards. Continuously evaluates and assesses work process/design to enhance productivity and service delivery to meet stakeholder expectations and business goals.
- Actively monitors budget and evaluates expenditures on a regular basis. Initiates recommendations to ensure department is operating within budget.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing; Post Graduate Degree in Nursing or Healthcare related field required or in process
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the clinical, risk management, and/or administrative arenas.
- Knowledge of State, Federal, and JCAHO regulations.
- Current Florida licensure as a Registered Nurse.
- If serving as facility's primary Risk Manager, VP must have current Florida license in Healthcare Risk Management (FL LHRM).
- CPHQ (Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality) OR CHCQM (Diplomate in American Board of Quality Assurance and Utilization Review Physicians)
- Individuals without CPHQ or ABQUARP will be granted a 12 month grace period to obtain CPHQ or ABQAURP to obtain, if all other qualifications are met.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom