The Oracle Cloud for Industry (OCI) Cloud Architecture and Solutions Group creates and promotes standards for SaaS service release and delivery on behalf of OCI for the benefit of all GBUs. OCI Cloud Architecture and Solutions enables the success of GBU Cloud Service Release Process (CSRP) projects by keeping the CSR process as user-friendly as possible while ensuring corporate and divisional standards are met. The group partners with GBUs to provide focused expertise on definition and instantiation of SaaS offerings in an ITIL based framework. The OCI Cloud Architecture and Solutions Group lends support to the GBUs and OCI during all phases of the SaaS product lifecycle from inception to sales, operating across both business and technical disciplines. Our goal is to help bridge the gap between traditional software product management and the SaaS deployment model for the GBUs. OCI Cloud Architecture and Solutions promotes standards based delivery by OCI for all facets of SaaS including infrastructure, operating systems, databases, and application management to simplify the SaaS on-ramp for the GBUs.
The Vice President of Technical Program Management will be instrumental in evolving the program management methods used by OCI and the GBUs for prosecuting cloud service releases. This individual will have leadership responsibility for Program Managers inside OCI, and will help establish a network of influence with GBU development to further integrate Cloud Service Release into the GBU SDLC. The Vice President of Technical Program Management will operate at a peer level with Architecture leadership in OCI, helping cross pollinate skills in both directions. The successful candidate will have a broad mix of business and technical skills, including:
• Previous program and project management experience
• Strong overall architecture skills
• Technical background in red stack management and complex application management
• Deep understanding of service taxonomy as it relates to holistic support of complex application systems
• Familiarity with both waterfall and Agile implementation methodologies
• Ability to make executive decisions on technology programs and projects, in particular having the ability to evaluate options in technically complex programs.
• Understanding of Cloud technical concepts, particularly as it pertains to access models for differing cloud service types: SaaS, PaaS, IaaS, etc.
• Previous product management experience with services based products (e.g. consulting, application management services, hosting, SaaS)
• Ability to operate in a fluid environment, creating structure where necessary to enhance organizational efficiency
• Demonstrated leadership and mentoring capability. Ability to grow staff skills through continuous staff development.
• Demonstrated cross-LOB negotiation skills in the context of service definition, sales, and delivery
• Ability to interoperate with GBU and corporate approval authorities to gain acceptance for internal standards and deal specific approval requirements
• Previous experience managing high performance staff with both direct and dotted line management reports
• Impeccable mastery of the written, spoken, and electronic word
• Demonstrated ability to converse confidently at the VP and C-Level
• Grace under pressure. Ability maintain calm in the occasional storm. Proven conflict resolution skills.
A 4 year degree in Computer Science or Engineering, 20 years software industry experience, Cloud experience, and previous executive management experience are required.
Manage a team that designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a Vice President of the software engineering division, you will apply your extensive knowledge of software architecture to manage software development tasks associated with developing, debugging or designing software applications, operating systems and databases according to current and future design specifications. Build enhancements within an existing software architecture and envision improvements to the architecture.
Assists in the creation of division strategy and consults with senior management in providing direction to ensure growth and financial success. Ensures a consistent approach of organizational policies and procedures. Demonstrated leadership and people management skills. Strong communication skills, analytical skills, thorough understanding of product development. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. Successful track record in software engineering management or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.