This role is a unique opportunity to create and produce ideas that will transform and craft our company - the product, people and culture. Are you both a visionary creative type and an excellent business leader? You will lead the team responsible for creating a compelling, visually appealing and addictive user experience. From the very first interaction, our product represents our brand in the mind of our customers. You will ensure that our products establish that strong emotional connection with our users and make the brand more meaningful, attractive and desirable. You will lead brand, creative and product design and have depth in interaction, visual, and motion design across multiple devices. This position reports directly to the CPO and will own the UI UX design team as well as UX research.
- Lead the design process, inspire the Designers, and collaborate with the entire team to perfect the final product.
- Actively run all design aspects of product and content creation with an emphasis on product throughout the lifecycle.
- Facilitate brainstorms and develop concepts across multiple functional teams to achieve the highest quality outcome and strong support for execution.
- Proven, demonstrated experience developing excellent relationships skills and effectively collaborating with Product Management and Engineering teams. Ability to build relationships inside and outside of our home team that will make the company creative team and processes works better.
- Work closely with direct and indirect team members to define, document and maintain our overall user experience strategy, rollout, and maintenance for our brands.
- Manage creative resources without compromising look and feel, consistency or on-time delivery.
- Manage branded design of marketing materials and products with both mobile and web; a clear understanding of the different user needs across platforms.
- Strong command of digital, mobile, social, print and video media.
- Excited about a fast-paced start-up, not afraid of the midnight oil.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in Design, HCI or related field.
- Previous experience in UX, including interaction design, visual design, motion design, prototyping, and research. A comprehensive understanding of the user-centered design process is critical. Specifically:
- 10+ years building, managing and mentoring a team of researchers and designers, including senior level and lead designers
- 7+ years experience in the design of multi-device software applications
- Solid understanding of how to test, measure and refine designs based on customer feedback and market data.
- Previous experience implementing a user-centric design methodology in product development.
- Strong leadership skills enabling the design team's creativity and drive to continually improve their work.
- You have a portfolio with examples of your work to be considered for this position.
- Embody a strong and effective creative point of view inside the organization.
- Strong attention to detail, especially in crafting the ideas, education across different functional teams and following through with successful execution.
- You bring the ability and interest to help lead cultural shifts in the organization including product transformation.
- You are a storyteller with strong business communication and presentation abilities.
- You have an intellectual curiosity that inspires others around you.
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is one of the fastest growing and most complex areas of big data-generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, sensors, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of taking massive amounts of machine data, and providing powerful insights from that data. IT insights. Security insights. Business insights. It's what we call Operational Intelligence.
Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has over 13,000 customers in more than 110 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data to deepen business and customer understanding, mitigate cybersecurity risk, prevent fraud, improve service performance and reduce costs. Innovation is in our DNA - from technology to the way we do business. Splunk is the platform for Operational Intelligence!
Splunk has more than 2,700 global employees, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in San Jose, CA and regional headquarters in London and Hong Kong.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer, "Fun Fridays".
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO and sick leave. Our work environments vary by location however we believe in hosting amenities and fun activities to fuel our energy. You may find fully stocked micro kitchens, catered lunches on Mondays and breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer and "Fun Fridays".
This isn't a job - it's a life changer - are you ready?
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor's EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk's Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk's website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.