Visa has the world's largest consumer payment transaction data set. We see data on over 100 billion transactions per year from all over the world. We use that data to help our clients in the payment ecosystem grow their businesses and to help consumers access a fast, safe, and rewarding payment experience.
From across the globe, people are increasingly relying on digital payments and mobile technology to use their money any time, make purchases online, transfer funds across borders and access basic financial services. To ensure that payment transactions are secure and reliable, Visa has invested heavily in advanced authentication and fraud prevention technologies , and the company continues to develop and deploy new and innovative programs to fight fraud, enable acceptance, and support consumers. We also invest heavily in helping banks and merchants understand the behavior of their customers so they can bring products and services to market that more effectively meet their customers' needs.
Reporting into the SVP of Analytics, Data Products and Global Credit, the VP of Predictive Modeling will be responsible for leading a world-class team that is building out a suite of consumer behavior models and for driving continued improvement in our fraud risk modeling. The Predictive Modeling team partners with product management teams for Risk Products and for Data products who define the market need for our models, establish go to market plans and support clients in implementing the models. Job Description
The VP of Predictive modeling will be responsible for:
- Recruiting, developing, and retaining a world class team of ~25 decision scientists
- Providing thought leadership in predictive modeling techniques to unlock the value of Visa's unique data set
- Driving a robust R&D agenda around novel approaches and techniques to building the most effective (and stable) models
- Making complex modeling approaches accessible to lay audiences
- Partnering with our Analytics team to identify trends in our projects that indicate potential for new models and driving POCs of a variety of potential models to prioritize those we should fully build out
- Providing input to the Product Management and Technology teams who are building out the roadmap for our technical capabilities in building and deploying models
- Continually looking at the environment to challenge our assumptions and innovate on new sources of data, tools, talent, potential partners, etc.
- Proven experience building, leading, and inspiring a high-performing team of predictive modelers. Operate as a thought leader and people leader.
- Experience with advanced techniques and emerging approaches to data and decision science.
- Strong consultative skills to establish relationships across the broader organization and align with Visa's strategy and vision
- Ability to communicate at all levels with both business and technology leaders, with a strong understanding of business data requirements and technology capabilities and an ability to make technical concepts accessible to non-technical audiences.
- Ability to influence management and build consensus
- Minimum 10 years' experience in predictive modeling functions
- Experience leading a large modeling function in fast-paced environment
- Experience in financial services, preferably in payments / card networks or with an issuer, is highly desirable
- International experience is a plus
- The ideal candidate holds an advanced degree in a quantitative field, such as statistics, mathematics, engineering, or economics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.