Prudential is seeking a VP of Product Development with a proven track record of delivering high-quality products in financial services or similar highly technical industries. The person filling this role will be responsible for providing strategic thought leadership and measurable, defined outcomes in the area of product development encompassing delivery of products in a defined suite.
This role will
- Own a complete line of products from an engineering perspective. Ownership refers to driving both the technology strategy for the products and day-to-day operations leading to business outcomes.
- Build and evolve platform services required for current and future applications in one or more product areas
- Partner with product owners to contribute to a product roadmap that this role will be ultimately responsible for delivering on
- Deliver on the committed product roadmap with world-class quality and timing
- Team up with other leaders within the Technology organization to develop working processes to aid in delivery
- Collaborate with engineering leaders across the organization to adopt and share best digital technology practices
In this leadership role, you will get to work in an exciting and engaging agile startup environment where you will be encouraged to expand your skills, test your creative boundaries, share new ideas, and most importantly - have fun.
The role is responsible for implementing and improvising a framework that solves for delivery of high quality, high-reliability by product development organizations.
Key responsibilities include.
- Strategic planning and execution of all aspects of product development including establishing product roadmap alignment between Product Management and Development organizations, building engineering teams.
- As a technology leader, envision and execute on the notion of a platform that will support current and future product offerings. This will require collaborating with all of the product and technology stakeholders to understand strategic requirements and defining a roadmap for platforms services.
- Role model technology-leadership by encouraging adoption of tools and solutions that solve for business in a cheaper and faster manner.
- Institute an Agile processes to advance rapid delivery of products and learn from user experiences. Foster a work environment that is innovative and fast.
- Execute to success through diligent planning, attention to detail, effective delegation and efficient decision-making. Manage deliverables to budget and time.
- Hire outstanding talent that can work in high performing teams and deliver advantaged results for the business. Develop a strong set of leaders that can drive success for the individual teams.
- Communicate effectively across the organization to ensure that the team is completely aligned to the business objectives and can do the job effectively
- Build strong inter-personal relationships with peers and other key stakeholders that can help smoothen execution, identify new opportunities
- Lead change.
A little about us:
Our support of the military includes providing civilian employment opportunities to transitioning service members and military spouses.