Are you ready to take on the next big challenge in your career? Do you thrive in an entrepreneurial environment to deliver leading enterprise cloud services? If the answer is yes, we want to talk to you.
We are looking for exceptional product management leaders who will have end-to-end ownership of inception, strategy, delivery, and market success of our products. As a Vice President in the product development organization, you will lead a team that works closely with engineering, customers, and sales/marketing teams to define the product vision, specifications and strategy. You will need to develop a keen understanding of what customers need (not just what they want), be able to clearly communicate this vision and inspire the team to deliver. You will gather and analyze information to define product specifications and review design specifications to ensure we are shipping the right product at the right time. You will need to foster strong working relationships with partner teams across the company to drive alignment behind the vision and deliver dependent pieces required for end-to-end success.
Responsibilities include -
- Driving product strategy and direction that that translates into high value customer features.
- Being an expert on customers, the market, and competitive landscape.
- Interacting and influencing across functional disciplines (e.g. engineering, marketing, sales, field services) and with other organizations at the company.
- Interacting with and presenting to senior management and executives to ensure that product objectives are met and to unblock the team from delivering.
- Ability to influence thinking or gain acceptance of others in sensitive situations.
- Managing people - being a strong leader who inspires the team to deliver at their best, and a great career coach.
- Launch new services/features by working closely with marketing and sales organizations for effective go-to-market and to maximize product adoption.
- 15 years experience in a senior product management, product owner, or similar leadership role, launching software products and services and making them successful in the market.
- Demonstrated people management and mentoring skills, leading effective orgs.
- At least 10 years experience working on cloud hosted applications or services (IaaS, PaaS or SaaS).
- Strong communication skills, analytical skills, thorough understanding of product development and product management.
- Demonstrated experience presenting product vision and roadmap to customers and executives.
- A strong history of creatively solving problems and ability to think out of the box.
- MBA, MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. Software engineering or related experience preferred.
Manage a team that acts as the central resource and driving force for the design, process, manufacturing, test, quality and marketing of product(s) as they move from conception to distribution. Organize interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget.
As a Vice President in the product development division, you will lead a team that defines product specifications and or strategy. Gather and analyze information to define product specifications and review design specifications. Envision and communicate product strategy and functionality. Initiate and foster relationships with other groups. Review product documentation and collateral. Ensure successful product releases based on corporate priorities.
Assists in the creation of division strategy and consults with senior management in providing direction to ensure growth and financial success. Ensures a consistent approach of organizational policies and procedures. Demonstrated leadership and people management skills. Strong communication skills, analytical skills, thorough understanding of product development and product management. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. Successful track record in software engineering management or related experience.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.