The Vice President/Director, Strategic Portfolio Development will be responsible for managing pipeline strategy to ensure the best use of company resources in accordance with objectives for growth and profitability.
These objectives include strengthening Activision Publishing's competitive position and profitable business expansion through strategic market analysis, evaluation, and realization of new expansion opportunities for existing and/or new properties. This involves acting as a key representative to external parties (transaction candidates, targets and target advisors), and working closely with business unit personnel and senior management throughout the organization.
The successful candidate will have strong interpersonal and team leadership skills, as well as superior strategic, analytical and finance acumen. We seek an ambitious candidate who is an energetic, hands-on self-starter. Key activities include
- Review current portfolio and strategically plan for new opportunities within existing franchises.
- Apply decision analytical methods to help the business evaluate strategic choices, prioritize and develop recommendations.
- Provide consulting and support on models to drive strategic insights for current and pipeline portfolio advancement.
- Collaborate with leaders within the business on prioritizing and pursuing new opportunities and present opportunities in order to gain approval for budget and resources.
- Build out organizational capacity to analyze market opportunities (technology and geographic) and prioritize activities to pursue them.
- Develop and manage relationships with targets of potential Business Development deals including diligence and negotiation processes.
- Negotiate contracts and/or agreements, close deals and lead the integration of assets into the business.
- Identify and execute new business opportunities from revenue generating projects and/or products.
- Work with multiple technologies and companies to assess capabilities, IP, partnerships and/or collaboration opportunities.
- Develop the organizational capability to track and report on competitive organizations, products, and activities.
Great Games Start with Great People!
- Bachelor's Degree with 12 years' experience in a business development, strategy, marketing or sales leadership role (10 years with a Masters)
- Three plus years working in an investing or business development role, including direct project management experience and successful execution for mid-large acquisition and integration work, domestically and internationally strongly preferred
- Experience leading cross-functional teams in the development and management of organizational strategic plans
- Experience working in a global, results-based environment preferred
- Experience with identifying and developing new market and business opportunities assessments, conducting diligence and executing business development deals
- Previous experience with various types of business development arrangements with external entities including IP transfers, co-marketing agreements, divestitures, joint ventures and acquisitions
- Strong multi-disciplinary skills in business and financial analytics, modeling, strategic planning, marketing, marketing research, public speaking, influencing, and negotiation is strongly preferred
- High level of professionalism and diplomacy
- Ability to be a self-starter and resourceful
- Excellent ability to organize, synthesize, and present information to senior leadership
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Deep passion for video games
This is a significant time in our company's history - and one of the most exciting times to join us!
Headquartered in Santa Monica, CA, Activision Blizzard is a global interactive entertainment software leader and the world's largest independent video game publisher. The company's product portfolio includes Activision Publishing's Call of Duty®, Skylanders™, Destiny, and Guitar Hero franchises. Activision Blizzard is the umbrella organization over Activision Publishing and Blizzard Entertainment and provides corporate shared services such as Legal, HR, Finance, IT, Accounting, Facilities and Sales, for both companies.
A little about us:
We are lucky to work in a business where imagination, creativity, and play aren't only encouraged, they're required.