Vice President/Medicine Development Leader- T Cell Therapy for NY-ESO-1+
Location: Collegeville, Pennsylvania
Posted: October 03, 2017
Reference ID: WD140957
Why You?Basic qualifications:
• M.D., M.D./Ph.D., Ph.D or Pharm. D. required
• Must demonstrate oncology drug development expertise and experience
o Pharmaceutical industry (at least 5-10 years) is required
o Prior experience in leading successful development and registration of oncology drugs is highly preferred, BLA/NDA and MAA filing experience is a must.
o Deep experience in all phases of product development, especially in late phase development, clinical trial management, post-approval studies, regulatory and manufacturing compliance
• Highly developed ethics and integrity, with demonstrated ethical medical decision-making skills.
• Understands the entirety of R&D across the development/commercial life cycle in order to impact across all line functions: discovery, late stage development, regulatory, manufacturing and commercial.
• Track record of success working in highly complex, global, and/or multi-disciplinary structures with high accountability, minimal authority, and multiple lines of reporting
• Experience of working with regulators and regulatory requirements including an understanding of the legal and government frameworks within and across global geographies.
• Strong people management, leadership and motivational skills
• In-depth experience creating the strategy for pre- and post-marketing studies, and driving the lifecycle process of oncology products
• Ability to work collaboratively and successfully across functions (R&D, commercial, regulatory, global medicine supply, legal, etc.) and regions
• Ability to build relationships and create authentic alignment while leading high performing teams in a collaborative and purposeful manner to achieve defined objectives
• Must be able to clearly demonstrate a thorough understanding of the healthcare environment including all key external stakeholders
• Experience of managing a sizable P&L. Experience of building budgets and then leading the strategic and budget planning process for their area.
• Experience of leading geographically dispersed teams including influencing without authority.
• Track-record of developing and delivering successful
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.