The Vice President Small Business Group is responsible for developing, leading and managing the organization's Small Business strategy, and achieving annual financial and operational business objectives to accelerate and sustain profitable growth of the Small Business segment.
The VP is also responsible for increasing customer loyalty and retention goals, and to improve new market penetration and market share.
The VP will develop and coach a high performance sales team that supports Small Business customers and third-party partners, creating a culture of success and goal achievement.
Essential duties and responsibilities, shown below, will vary accordingly based on assignment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Create a Telesales team to Qualify, generate leads and apply probability of close metrics to the Sales team.
- Lead and manage the organization's Small Business outsource relationship to meet and exceed revenue and ROI goals.
- Review the relationship and results of our current Vendor and advice on opportunities to improve sales. Work with the Outsourcer to define optimal sales force structure, as well as compensation and incentive programs to overachieve sales targets.
- Advise the SVP of Sales on other Outsourcers alternatives or new Vendors to manage our sales efforts, always looking for the best deal for the company as well as best in class service to our customers.
- Provide strategic guidance on developing new sales initiatives, partnering with ABG commercial and partnership leaders to identify cross-segment sales opportunities.
- Acquire, develop and manage new business relationships and partnerships to develop lucrative sources of small business leads. Also work on business recovery and winback programs for incremental revenue.
- Manage key customer relationships and participate in closing strategic opportunities.
- Compile information and data related to customer and prospect interactions and enrollments.
- Monitor customer and market trends and competitor activity and provide feedback to company leadership team.
- Counsel to the SVP of Sales on market trends and advice on new revenue streams and commercial channel mix programs.
- Communicate Best Practices and operational issues to management.
- Collaborates with the Small Business Marketing team, and other relevant functions (Sales, Partnerships), to develop targeted offers and execute initiatives to achieve business goals and establish successful support.
- Demonstrate leadership through hiring and coaching highly effective sales team to deliver results. Lead and manage the internal Small Business team, based in Tulsa, to insure delivery of annual financial and operational goals.
- Proactive in contributing to competitive vision and strategies for the team.
- Provide training and coaching to develop the sales team based on strategic selling and small account management techniques adapted by the organization.
- Lead regular business results meetings to review progress and identify improvements on performance, cost allocation, process efficiencies and revenue opportunities.
- Represent the organization as a leader at sales conventions, trade shows, and sales seminars as required
- Master sales management techniques as well as tools used to support them:
- Account, portfolio and relationship management
- Time management
- Pipeline management
- Create the Small Business product and customer offering
- Provide strong guidance to Marketing on direct marketing requirements and content
- Build a predictive analytics capability and approach to identify the highest potential candidates
- Oversee a multi-channel selling team including telesales and a field-based sales team
- Minimum 4-year Bachelor's degree, with an MBA preferred.
- Minimum 10 – 15 years in sales or sales management experience with increasing revenue responsibilities, and preferably with multi-channel selling teams (including telesales and a field-based)
- Minimum of 10 years in a management role
- Ability to use of state-of-the-art technological systems and predictive tools
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong work ethic with an ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Strong strategic planning and priority setting skills.
- Strong organization, project management and time management skills required with and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- High attention to detail partnered with excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Able to handle multiple priorities in fast-paced environment effectively.
- Knowledge of direct marketing requirements and content
- Possess business acumen needed to interact and negotiate with all management levels including C-level contacts. Ability to manage highly professional interpersonal relationships with tact and diplomacy.
- Excellent financial and analytical capabilities.
- Superior presentation and written communication skills a must.
- Strong technical sales skills with an understanding of product capabilities and an ability to map capabilities to customer needs.
- Ability to lead by example to drive performance as well as strong negotiation skills and ability to close sales.
- Creativity, enthusiasm, passion and drive are required to be successful in this position.
Travel is required.
Avis Budget Group is an EEO Employer - Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Disabled
The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job, which may vary, based on job location, department or the assignment. The actual essential duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary by location, department, reporting structure or other business needs. No inference should be drawn that a specific job duty, responsibility or qualification is non-essential by its absence from this description.
A little about us: