Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. Morgan Stanley Wealth Management has over $2 trillion under management and is one of the world's largest networks of Financial Advisors.
The Client & Advisor Platform Solutions (CAPS) group focuses on transformational platform strategies to give Financial Advisors (FAs) and their support staff better tools to serve our clients. The Strategic Client Onboarding team within Digital Platforms is recruiting an experienced business leader who has a passion for uncovering new opportunities and executing projects that transform these opportunities into innovative business solutions.
This position is responsible for representing the Strategic Client Onboarding Group and acting as the central point of contact to our Legal, Compliance and Risk (LCR) partners to manage the Mandatory Change the Bank (MCTB) portfolio. In this capacity, it's essential that this individual not only become a SME in the Morgan Stanley Wealth Management Client Onboarding domain, it's equally as important to be knowledgeable of the current and future state regulatory environment to ensure our systems fulfil our LCR responsibilities and obligations. The business scope of these activities covers the full Wealth Management platform, from client profile data acquisition at prospecting and onboarding to subsidiary use of this data in downstream business processes. This role is under the supervision of the Executive Director-Client Onboarding Process Management.
The ideal candidate has extensive experience designing and implementing regulatory mandated initiatives from a Party and Account data perspective, preferably in a Wealth Management or Financial Services context. In addition it's imperative that this individual execute his/her job responsibilities with a high degree of independence and function all while being completely transparent with our LCR, Operations, Technology and Field partners .
- Perform end-to-end analysis of current platform processes with focus on identification of client-centric enhancement opportunities.
- Ability to effectively create an inventory of Use Cases that aid in requirements gathering.
- Assess and document business requirements for all MCTB projects.
- Simplify complex technical systems into visual process flows, tables, and PowerPoint presentations.
- Interact with Technology and Operations partners throughout the project life cycle, including the review and preparation of functional requirements specifications.
- Collaborate with Technology partners to ensure that our MCTB portfolio aligns with the strategic client-centric business plan.
- Align client-centric project objectives to the broader platform strategy.
- Serve as primary business subject matter expert and advocate. This includes command of both business and system function.
- Work with business and project partners to fully assess potential impacts of new development.
- Collaborate with Field Management partners to ensure that our MCTB business activities deliver the highest quality field and client experience.
- Ability to write and/or evaluate Test Scripts.
- Create training materials and user guides.
- Work with Compliance and Field Risk Management on implementation and oversight of branch procedures and policies.
- Work with appropriate service desks to effectively transfer knowledge for post-implementation business support.
- Assist with meeting preparation and facilitation.
- Perform other project tasks as directed by the Executive Director.
- BS/BA degree required
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience in related role or function
- Must have prior experience working with Client Onboarding and LCR and associated business processes.
- Must be able to effectively communicate in both business and technical contexts.
- Needs to have the ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively across a diverse range of functional groups and levels of management.
- Strong analytical capabilities and problem solving skills required.
- Strong verbal and written skills required.
- Must be highly organized and detail-oriented to manage a mutli-tasked, deadline-driven, portfolio.
- Must have ability to build consensus across teams.
- Must have strong prior experience in, and command of, the Systems Development Life-Cycle (SDLC), or comparable project management methodology.
- Must have prior knowledge and experience in writing Business Requirements Documents.
- Advanced Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio skills required.
- Prior experience in client onboarding a plus.