Description POSITION OBJECTIVE
The Vice President, Strategic Partnerships will manage a portfolio of existing client accounts across the Aramark food and facilities businesses. This role will work within a highly matrixed internal management and front-line operations structure in order to understand client aspirations and to identify risk, opportunities for service expansion and pro-active contract extension or renewals. Responsibilities include the formal application of a strategic account management process, plan compliance, client presentations including business reviews, client relationship development and ensuring Aramark wiring is high, wide, and deep within the client organization. This is a senior level executive position with industry-leading financial rewards for top performance. The VP of Strategic Partnerships will report directly to the VP of Sales and Client Engagement for North America. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
The VP of Strategic Partnerships will be responsible for the following, but not limited to:
- Neutralize risk and leverage client relationships in the interest of account retention and base business growth
- Obtain an understanding of clients' goals and objectives to support the development of unique service solutions with the application of Aramark's market-leading resources.
- Develop and implement mutually successful strategies for existing client partnerships, assuring alignment with each institution's mission.
- Identify and develop enhancements and extensions to existing lines of service that leverage the core competencies, while achieving a positive return on investment for the client and Aramark.
- Utilize consistent tools and protocols for proposals and presentations that enhance sales and retention efforts.
- Lead and participate in LAMP and Major Pursuit Processes with cross lines of business and functional leaders
- Develop internal approval documents for renewals
- Create and provide insights on lead generation, measures, and accountability platform.
- Support and leverage right to win models.
LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES: Drives for Results: Focuses on end result and does the right thing
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university required, MBA or Master's preferred.
- B2B sales and operations experience in a services business, including strategic account development of new customer accounts, providing business solutions based on customer needs and client/ market environment.
- Computer knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications as well as SFC
- Ideal candidate will have strategic account sales experience from Business Process Outsourcing Firms, Service Industries, or multi-national companies; combined with corporate experience in a strategic development, global business development or similar type role.
- Experience with large clients selling multiple services/solutions required.
- Expertise with a demonstrated, quantifiable record of progressively increasing responsibility in a sales function
- Proven ability to take strategy from the concept stage to operational implementation, particularly in a role of influence across organizational structures.
- Strong and dynamic presentation skills; persuasive communication with C-level client contacts.
- Experience with leading a team of high performance sales professionals in addition to being an individual contributor at the C-suite level.
- Solid understanding of marketplace trends & implications within a service industry/provider.
- Ability to travel: 50%
Thinks Strategically: Focuses on the future and creates direction
- Demonstrates a passion for results and drives to exceed expectations
- Takes action to proactively resolve issues and drive improvements
- Analyzes and synthesizes data to access situations and find actionable solutions
Influences with Impact: Influences through action and communicates effectively
- Understands long-term business and financial implications of day-to-day decisions
- Looks "around the corner" for opportunities and obstacles
- Shows an understanding of issues relevant to the broad organization
Takes Action: Plays offense and moves with speed
- Articulates a compelling agenda and direction that inspires others to follow
- Navigates complex situations by leveraging networks to gain alignment
- Ensures targeted, timely and situation-appropriate communication to all stakeholders
Raises the Bar: Takes smart risks and sets high expectations
- Maintains focus and overcomes obstacles to meet goals and commitments
- Provides clear and specific accountabilities and monitors progress against achieving goals
- Quickly and effectively responds to customer problems or team issues
- Establishes and sets contexts for logical, clear and aggressive individual and team priorities
- Develops effective contingency plans to address risks
- Accepts responsibility and learns from mistakes or failures