With its reputation for innovation and award-winning products and service, Prudential Annuities is a growing and dynamic organization. This position offers a challenging and high profile opportunity to lead a team and collaborate with internal and external business partners to achieve Prudential Annuities and enterprise goals and objectives.
Prudential Annuities Technology organization is actively pursuing a qualified Vice President to lead the Technology Business Management Office (TBMO) organization. This role will lead the TBMO organization to achieve objectives and drive transformation and innovation in alignment with Annuities Technology’s operating and three-year plans. Specific Functions within the TBMO include: Demand management, technology vendor management, resource capacity and workforce management, IT financial governance, IT risk and controls, and portfolio reporting and metrics.
- Development and management of a multi-year strategy and road map to deliver the necessary services, processes and tools that support the Annuities Technology operating plan and three-year strategic roadmap
- Governance, in partnership with Annuities Finance, of a technology budget of approximately $100MM annually. Works with each Technology senior leader to understand technology spending and ensure expenses are in-line with technology plans and objectives
- Oversight and prioritization of a dynamic pipeline of application enhancement work requested by the Annuities business areas. Works closely with senior business leaders to ensure the Technology organization is working on the right items at the right times, realizing appropriate value for the expenses incurred.
- Management of all technology vendor relationships, including multiple strategic sourcing partners, staff augmentation vendors, technology software and hardware providers, etc. Oversees production of appropriate contract documentation, in partnership with appropriate corporate teams (enterprise vendor governance, legal etc). Ensures compliance with corporate standards, and manages processes to proactively manage the renewal / expiration of all agreements as appropriate.
- Deliver software engineering process thought leadership and expertise to the Technology organization. Ensure appropriate technology controls exist and are tracked / managed appropriately. Provide a single point of contact for Annuities Technology for all internal and external audit- and control-related activities and reporting initiatives.
- Ensure all of the TBMO functions execute in a coordinated way to ensure that the Technology organization’s business management processes run effectively, consistently and comprehensively.
- Minimum 10 years of IT and/or business experience, with a proven history of driving technology organizations to align to business strategies and roadmaps, across a combined project and production support portfolio of at least $50 MM.
- Candidates must have at least 10 years' experience with vendor management, with a proven track record of negotiating and managing large, complex technology and services contracts with both strategic sourcing partners and key hardware and software vendors.
- Proven experience leading other leaders (director level), and managing multi-functional organizations
- Bachelor's (or Master's) degree in computer science, business administration or related discipline, or equivalent experience and able to think and project oneself as both a senior business person and technology executive
- Possesses strong, executive-level communication skills (both oral and written), relationship management and influencing skills, and a history of building effective relationships with internal and external technology and business leaders
- Financial services and annuities background preferred
A little about us:
Prudential was founded on the belief that being financially prepared is a right, not a privilege.