77 West Wacker Dr (35012), United States of America, Chicago, Illinois
Vice President, Underwriter - Cash Flow (Healthcare Financial Services) - Chicago, IL
Capital One Healthcare is one of the most active capital providers in the U.S. healthcare market, providing more than $70 billion in financing over the past 10 years. For the fifth consecutive year, Capital One Healthcare was the top lead arranger by volume and number of transactions completed for all financings under $500 million in U.S. healthcare leveraged finance.
Customers across 45 healthcare sectors — including senior housing, hospitals, medical offices, outpatient services, pharmaceuticals and medical devices — rely on Capital One Healthcare to finance acquisitions, refinance existing debt, support working capital needs and fund growth initiatives. With in-depth industry knowledge and expertise, the Capital One Healthcare team of professionals creates business and financial solutions tailored to meet the individual needs of its customers.
As a Vice President you provide credit management leadership to cross-functional deal teams in underwriting leveraged transactions. This includes deal due diligence, compliance, negotiation, approval and documentation. You coach and develop junior underwriting professionals. You manage, monitor and report on portfolio accounts.
- Leads the underwriting and approval of new credit requests and credit line renewals for existing customers
- Negotiates terms and conditions for transactions and works with cross-functional teams to ensure appropriate documentation.
- Leads or directly involved in underwriting and documenting large structured loan transactions.
- Prepares risk assessments and presents senior management with a clear and consistent approach to mitigate credit, political, legal, regulatory and other relevant risks.
- Manages, monitors and reports on portfolio of accounts.
- Manages accounts to ensure customer retention and performance to specifications.
- Performs rigorous analysis of transactions and resolves problem accounts in partnership with other teams and specialists.
- May oversee portfolio management responsibilities of junior team member.
- Coaches and develops junior team members Ensures compliance in credit policies and procedures
Ideal candidate will have experience with:
- Cash flow underwriting/portfolio management experience, specifically healthcare
- Financial statement analysis, financial modeling and valuation.
- Preparing financial information, interpreting financial performance and assessing risk exposure.
- Preparing and delivering presentations to management and peers.
- Negotiating legal documentation.
- Underwriting a broad spectrum of secured deals.
- Working effectively in cross functional team environment and leading cross-functional teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 8 years of finance experience or at least 8 years of accounting experience
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.