Job: Software Engineering
Job Number: 164058
Vice President, Visa Checkout Product Development, Digital & Mobile Product Development
Digital & Mobile Product Development
Technology & Operations, Visa, Inc.
Within Technology & Operations, Digital & Mobile Product Development (DMPD) is a global division of over 600 team members responsible for developing and managing end-to-end technology solutions that promote the growth of digital commerce and mobilization of payments in emerging and developed markets. A globally distributed team, DMPD encompasses Product Development, Program Management, Technical Product Management, Portfolio & Business Management, Architecture, and Test, Release & Support Engineering functions.
Reporting to the SVP, Digital & Mobile Product Development (DMPD), the VP, Visa Checkout Product Development, is responsible for the global product development organization supporting Visa Checkout. The successful candidate will lead the development and launch of Visa Checkout capabilities in an Agile product development environment in close collaboration with product and other technology partners. He/she will be the voice for the program, accountable for all phases of product planning and delivery for the program and provide technical and thought leadership in creating and executing on the product roadmap for Visa Checkout in partnership with our product partners. Further, s/he will build, coach, and mentor a diverse, global team of engineers, technical product managers, program managers, and other functional experts.
Consumers, merchants and strategic partners rely on Visa's highly available, reliable and secure products like Visa Checkout, which provides a single sign-in service to pay for online shopping purchases. After a simple setup, Visa Checkout users can skip inputting their payment and shipping information for their orders. Whether at home or on the go, Visa Checkout works across multiple devices so online shopping stays easy. Visa Checkout enables shoppers to choose their preferred payment method across multiple retailers with a click of a button.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced technology leader with a proven track record of Internet-based, highly scalable product development. S/he will have experience developing new digital and mobile products and features at a rapid pace and have demonstrated ability to lead, recruit, grow and retain high-caliber talent at scale. Further, the candidate will have a demonstrated ability to partner with business and technology stakeholders to plan, develop and deliver will be critical. S/he also needs to have leadership experience to bring engineering excellence, agility and the ability to build a powerful engineering organization. Candidates must have demonstrated success in organizational transformations along dimensions such as deep partnerships and collaboration with businesses, fostering a culture that encourages innovation, Agile product development processes, and location and technology migrations. The successful candidate will balance proactive strategic thinking with flawless execution and delivery.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Establish internal and external partnerships by identifying common interests and mutually beneficial opportunities.
- Create momentum for change by sharing hope, excitement and enthusiasm and by recognizing and addressing organizational barriers.
- Stays keenly attuned to subtle market and industry trends and develop strategies to outpace and outmaneuver competitors.
- Effectively prioritize the most critical projects for the business function and align resources appropriately.
- Create an environment where accountability is expected and valued.
- Guide the development of creative ideas or solutions from a broad range of sources and examine each for organization-wide implications.
- Develop positive relationships within the executive ranks of client organizations; sought out as an expert and trusted advisor.
Required Key Competencies:
- Technical and Functional Excellence: The candidate will have demonstrated aptitude/capability to manage the full spectrum of technology functions with direct experience leading a global organization. The candidate will possess a deep technical understanding of current and future trends within the payments industry and be capable of developing and executing a strategy that leverages new technology to support overall applications evolution and business performance. S/he is an expert at designing, developing, and deploying scalable digital solutions to deliver enterprise-grade solutions with best-in-class consumer-grade UI/UX.
- Thought Leadership: The successful individual brings a mindset that embraces innovation and questions conventional wisdom. S/he will be a recognized domain expert in key areas such as application development, methodologies such as Agile, and new constructs such as DevOps. In addition, s/he is an expert with regard to emerging technology trends, innovations, and developments related to mobile applications and digital technologies.
- Team Leadership: The candidate will recruit, lead, mentor, and develop a world-class technology team, providing opportunities for growth to ensure continuity of the department's leadership. The ideal candidate will develop a culture comfortable with challenging current market paradigms to achieve and exceed goals. The candidate will help build best-in-class capabilities at Visa.
- Individual & Organizational Leadership: The candidate will think with a global mindset and is able to develop solutions to meet the varying needs of everyone, everywhere. The candidate will be mission driven and passionate about having a lasting impact by driving change in the payments industry. The candidate will enjoy working at a fast pace, be self-directed, and able to manage multiple concurrent competing challenges, issues and priorities. The candidate will be motivated to explore new technologies and learn new things, while also recognizing that many good ideas and implementations may already exist.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or closely related discipline required. Graduate degree in Computer Science or closely related discipline preferred.
- 15+ years' experience of software development, software engineering leadership and delivery; at least 7 of which are in senior management roles. Digital, mobile, and payments product development experience strongly preferred.
- Beyond experience, we are looking for a "Big thinker" interested in transforming and revolutionizing the global payments technology industry through innovative digital and mobile solutions.
- Strong leadership and people management skills, with demonstrated ability to build and lead large, global, cross-functional teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to development, document, and explain the technology strategy to diverse audiences, both technology and business, from executives to staff. Ability to drive consensus across diverse, global technology and business stakeholders will be key.
- Ability to take ownership of complex, multi-faceted, open-ended problems and drive them to completion.
The position is located in Foster City, CA.
A little about us:
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.