Airgas USA, LLC is hiring a Vice-President of Advanced Fabrication & Service in our Great Lakes Region! -Person should be based centrally between OH, MI, N. IN, and W. PA - Are you ready to be part of a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward? Discover an exciting Career with Airgas! Airgas USA, LLC, an Air Liquide company, is the nation's leading single-source supplier of gases, welding, and safety products. Known locally nationwide, our distribution network serves more than one million customers of all sizes with a broad offering of top-quality products and unmatched expertise. GENERAL SUMMARY:
The VP, Advanced Fabrication & Service is responsible for leading, directing, and inspiring the Advanced Fabrication and Service & Repair teams to achieve targeted top line sales growth, EBITDA performance, and customer service excellence by creating tangible customer value. This position will be the catalyst for growth in the business's metal fabrication market segment and work closely within the leadership team to build effective short and long term business strategies. ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for maintaining the highest standards for the health and safety of all Airgas associates.
- Oversee the professional development of each Advance Fabrication team member in close collaboration with our national Advanced Fabrication (ADV FAB) team. Ensure the team members are aware of and employing the best sales tools used by Airgas across the US.
- Partner closely with the Regional Leadership to ensure our sales teams are able to sell and recoup the value created by the ADV FAB team with both prospective and current customers.
- Collaboratively manage the ADV FAB sales opportunity funnel with our Regional Leadership to ensure our Welding Specialists are positioned for the growth efforts of our regional sales team.
- Provide accurate sales forecasts based on input from the sales, specialist and service teams. Develop effective financial, productivity and quality measurements.
- Develop local vendor partnerships aligned with the national ADV FAB strategy.
- Work closely with the Regional Management team to develop and implement a profitable strategy for service and repair of automated products across the region.
- Oversee all in-house and 3 rd party repairs of welding/cutting power sources to ensure the business has an organized and profitable repair business.
(The above job functions are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position and are not intended to be all inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.)Qualifications: KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related field of study required. In lieu of degree, consideration for up to 4 years of additional related experience may be accepted.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience working in the welding industry with experience managing a sales force proficient at selling and servicing mechanized cutting systems, robotics and other automated welding/cutting products required.
- Must have a broad knowledge of the welding, cutting and fabrication processes common to the Airgas customer base including, but not limited to: manual, semi-automated and automated welding processes; shielding gas applications; basic shop equipment used for punching, forming, bending, or rolling of both plate and structural components; welding and power equipment from many different suppliers.
- Knowledge of bulk gas facilities and distribution through manifolds, mixers and piping systems.
- Must be able to interface effectively within all levels of the organization and with senior executives outside the company.
- Must possess the confidence that permits selling to high-level officers of customer companies, the ability to manage and inspire others, and effectively lead and influence groups.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required. Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, material safety data sheets, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Considerable independent judgment and initiative are required in resolving problems and making recommendations; demonstrating tact and diplomacy in dealing with internal and external customers; and handling proprietary information.
- Must have the financial acumen for articulating return on capital (ROC), and other metrics utilized by business professionals when considering capital equipment purchases; the ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent; and knowledge to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Accuracy is required in performing all functions of this position.
- Must possess self-motivation, enthusiasm, a positive attitude and perform as a team player.
- Must have reliable transportation, valid US Driver's License, minimum liability insurance as required by state of vehicle registration.
- Up to 60% travel, most by vehicle, may be required; overnight stays averaging two to three nights per week.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
In lieu of the above, any equivalent combination of training and experience that provided the aforementioned knowledge, abilities and skills may be considered at the discretion of Airgas.
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Reimbursement and much more...!
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability .
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.