Video Analytics Engineer II
Location: Greenwood Village, Colorado
Posted: November 08, 2017
Reference ID: 207069BR
The Video Analytic Engineer is responsible for video systems included in this team’s purview include Video Back-Office Systems, Conditional Access Systems, Switched Digital Video Systems and Video on Demand Systems.
Duties & Responsibilities :
• Design, Program, trouble resolution, and diagnostic metrics and performance analysis for all applications and equipment used in the provisioning and delivery of Video Services within Charter Communications.
• Working with Implementation teams on various projects/initiatives and Process Improvements for Video Operations.
• Support the teams providing reliable and consistent operation of these systems in order to provide a quality entertainment and information experience for our customers.
• Act as subject matter expert for video support & Tools will often lead initiatives and mentor other team members.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience working with Unix/Linux based client/server systems and applications
• Minimum of 2 years of experience performing application configuration, programming, installation, and maintenance within a Systems Administration capacity
• Minimum 2 years of experience with data collection, analysis, and presentation
• Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university; or equivalent training, education, and experience
Additional Job Requirements
• Experience working with Unix/Linux operating systems; specifically experience with RedHat, and Solaris
• Experience leading systems and applications support for complex, high-reliability systems and architectures supporting video services or back-offices
• Experience and knowledge of VOD systems including AMS, catchers, caches, streamers and associated VOD back-offices
• Experience and knowledge of Conditional Access controllers such as Cisco DNCSs and Arris DACs
• Experience and knowledge of Switched Digital Video systems from vendors such as Arris and Cisco
• Strong understanding of KPI used to evaluate system health over time.
• Working experience within Telecommunications industry
• Technical writing experience preferred.
• Strong Network Hierarchy and Understanding
• Strong Familiarity with Remedy, Jira and or other operational ticketing systems
• System Administration of complex Unix environments and associated certifications (RHCSA, RHCE)
• Ability to lead team of System Engineers in troubleshooting, analysis, resolution to issues.