Symantec Corporation (NASDAQ: SYMC) is the global leader in cyber security. Operating one of the world's largest cyber intelligence networks, we see more threats, and protect more customers from the next generation of attacks. We help companies, governments and individuals secure their most important data wherever it lives.
We make the world a safer place by helping people, businesses and governments protect and manage their information, so they can focus on achieving their goals.
The IT Communication and Collaboration Services team at Symantec is responsible for delivering collaboration services across the entire spectrum of products and technologies, and enabling our employees, customers, partners and suppliers to communicate and collaborate easily and effectively with a fully integrated, high quality user experience. We are currently looking for motivated individuals who not only "do" but are also leaders who influence change and make a difference.
Reporting to the Sr. Manager of Video and Voice Collaboration Services, this position's primary responsibility is to build, maintain, and administer Symantec's global video collaboration and audio visual infrastructure. In addition, this position will help drive new adoptions of new technology and implement global IT AV and VC systems to ensure uptime and daily delivery of according to defined SLAs and domain security best practices.
This position will require experience and working knowledge of a broad set of communication technologies including room and desktop based Video Conferencing, Web Collaboration Technologies (WebEx), Audio / Visual equipment, Cloud Video Bridging (Cisco CMR), and Video Conferencing room infrastructure (Cisco/Polycom).
Operational portion of the role will require systems configuration and documentation, software installation and upgrades, technical support and troubleshooting, hardware builds and standards definition, new features implementation as well as assess systems utilization and performance tuning.
A desired candidate will be able to recognize trends, define problems, and suggest remedies to solve and improve employee efficiency when using our available collaboration tools. He or She will be able to eliminate current friction points and influence diverse teams to deliver results. Employees should be able to easily contact, communicate, and collaborate across functional and geographic boundaries in an intuitive fashion regardless of the content or set of tools.
This position will work with the various application teams to better understand application requirements related to collaboration and making recommendations and implementing support processes.
• 8+ years of experience with administration of Windows systems. In that time, demonstrable experience in the full spectrum of standard administrative tasks such as server builds, applying security best practices and the planning and execution of large scale deployments of new hardware and applications.
• 8+ years of Video Conferencing infrastructure experience managing and deploying Cisco Codians, VCS Control, VCS Express, TMS, TPS, TCS.
• 5+ years of deploying and supporting web conferencing solutions (WebEx, Adobe Connect, Lync).
• 5+ years of Cisco video conferencing codec support or similar full room visual communication technology and related support hardware to conduct video and audio conferences.
• Required experience deploying and supporting video streaming infrastructure (Wowza, VBrick, Skype Broadcasts or similar).
• Deep understanding of collaboration protocols such as, TCP, UDP, SIP, SCCP, QoS, H.323, G.711, H.264 and SVC.
• Proficiency with troubleshooting AV/VC problems that flow through load balancers such as BigIP F5, Palo Alto firewalls and Cisco networking equipment required.
• Experience with Crestron product lines including Fusion preferred.
• Establish and follow policies and change procedures for infrastructure administration.
• Establish and follow best practices for enterprise monitoring, troubleshooting and maintenance.
• Participate in 7x24x52 operational support rotation and maintenance for the technical environment and associated sub-systems.
• Work with key business users to understand the business requirements and potential collaboration solutions within the current architecture.
• Proactively identify potential production issue and recommend and implement solutions
• Work on daily ticket submittals to tier 3 from end users for support and resolution
• Act as the escalation point for all lower level support issues and be able to perform support and follow through to resolution for local issues affecting the business.
• Participate in and drive projects and be a representative for the global AV/VC team for local support.
• Assess and perform systems utilization and headroom reports to assist in troubleshooting and performance tuning.
• Create and maintain detailed systems documentation and post to shares for team information sharing
• Experience in a user-focused technical-support environment.
• Ability to perform 7x24 on-call duty on a rotational basis with other team members
• Ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly to peers and management
• Ability to think logically and analyze application and business process requirements.
• Exhibits leadership qualities and strong procedural and architectural documentation skills
• Experience in a user-focused technical-support environment
• Flexible, adaptable, and able to manage multiple tasks in a dynamic, high-pressure, fast-paced environment
• Self-driven and be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
A little about us:
At Symantec, you’ll prosper at one of the world’s largest software companies, while helping protect the world’s digital information and interactions.