Applicants must provide work samples (preferred) or a demo reel in order to be considered
The LinkedIn Learning Solutions Content Team is looking for a Video Editor who will focus on digital video editing and assist in the production of instructional content, utilizing expertise in Premiere Pro as well as experience with audio enhancement, video compositing, color correction, and compression software.
LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and every day millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world s workforce in ways no other company can. We re much more than a digital resume - we transform lives through innovative products and technology.
Searching for your dream job? At LinkedIn, we strive to help our employees find passion and purpose. Join us in changing the way the world works. Primary responsibilities:
- Prepare, and edit footage (screencap/live action/B-roll) with accompanying narrative track; integrate overlays, graphics and instructional focusing techniques as applicable while ensuring the highest quality editing standards and optimum end-user experience.
- Work with green screen, live action multi-cam, and documentary style footage.
- Perform color grading on Live Action movies or courses as required.
- Ensure the video presents the author s instruction clearly with concise phrasing and a smooth, even flow by removing unnecessary rephrases, pauses, and other audible distractions and restructuring phrasing as required.
- Ensure proper and consistent audio levels in individual videos and throughout the entire training course using different audio processing methods and techniques.
- Mask sensitive information from videos as necessary by using blurring, compositing, or other effective techniques.
- Review daily work to ensure delivery of a superior product.
- Prepare notes and assets and oversee contractor/vendor courses when assigned.
- Provide editorial support for contractors/vendors.
- Work closely with the Team Lead, confirming when movies are edited and ready for export.
- Review and fix editing bugs logged from the Quality Assurance team.
- Communicate clearly with lead editor and key stakeholders (producer, director, audio engineer, graphics team) to ensure successful handoffs throughout the postproduction process.
- Review and assess each course upon completion using standardized review form.
- Maintain quality and continuity of multiple projects while working against set deadlines.
- Actively maintain awareness and education of the latest trends, techniques and tools related to post production.
- Participate in an ongoing process to ensure our training products are delivered at the highest quality and reflect the needs of our customers.
- Manage/balance multiple projects when assigned and effectively prioritize the schedule as necessary to ensure on time completion and delivery of assignments.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- Must provide a demo reel or work samples
- A minimum of a 2 year degree in video/film or other related field or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 2 years of professional working experience with Premiere Pro and a strong understanding of post-production applications such as After Effects, Audition and Photoshop
- A minimum of 2 years of experience using audio and video compression techniques, utilizing software such as Adobe s Media Encoder and/or Apple s Compressor
- Working knowledge of other editing applications such as Avid, Final Cut Pro 7 and X, etc.
- Working knowledge of color correction tools such as After Effects, Color, or SpeedGrade
- Demonstrate the ability to anticipate and effectively communicate and solve practical problems or issues
- Demonstrate the ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects when assigned
- Must have knowledge of various video codecs such as Pro-Res, H264, and animation
- Competency with Mac and PC computers including troubleshooting and basic networking knowledge
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with an emphasis on attention to detail
- Must be highly motivated and action oriented
- Must demonstrate strong and fluent editorial techniques through proper timing, pacing, organization, and asset management within a timeline
- Must be able to make sound editing decisions and apply good judgment to create a coherent and effective end product
- Must have superior project and time management capabilities within a fast paced, high productivity environment
- Able to work and communicate within a team structure while able to work independently with minimal supervision
A little about us:
LinkedIn's vision is to create economic opportunity for every member of the global workforce. Our employee talent is our #1 operating priority.