Charter Communications is America’s fastest growing TV, internet and voice company. We’re committed to integrating the highest quality service with superior entertainment and communications products. Charter is at the intersection of technology and entertainment, facilitating essential communications that connect 24 million residential and business customers in 41 states. Our commitment to serving customers and exceeding their expectations is the bedrock of Charter’s business strategy and it’s the philosophy that guides our 90,000 employees.
The Sr. Network Engineer is responsible for the architecture of solutions required by Advanced Engineering, Video Control Systems. Additional responsibilities include the evaluation, integration and validation of new networking component and/or systems, prior to deployment in the existing Charter Communications environment. The candidate must have a strong working knowledge of common video control systems, such as the DAC and DNCS/EC, and LAN/WAN computer networks including (but not limited to) Firewalls, Multicast networks, routers, hubs, servers, bridges and wiring design.
Essential Job Functions:
• Working with our team engineers, Lab Engineers, Operations and Vendors to gather highly complex network requirements to be used in creating highly reliable and scalable networking designs.
• Produce and maintain highly detailed low-level design documents such as Visio diagrams, IP spreadsheets, device descriptions and narratives describing the function of the design.
• Support the test engineering team during System Verification Test cycles.
• Perform Capacity Management and traffic analysis.
• Configuration / Use of protocols such as IPSec, IPV6, TFTP, BootP, DNS, LDAP, FTP, SFTP, HTTP, HTTPS, TOD, NTP, SNMP, RPC.
• Configuration experience with Firewalls, VLANS, LANs, and WANs, Wireless, SSL and VPN.
• Configuration of DAC, DNCS/EC
• Configuration of QAM modulators
• Configuration of EAS systems
• Configuration of VOD, SDV, and associated management systems.
• Configuration of CMTS Devices and Cable Modem Provisioning.
• At least 5 years of engineering experience
• Expert level network documentation skills including master skills with MS Visio
• Expert knowledge of TCP/IP and related support
• Extensive knowledge of IP packet analysis with tools such as tcpdump and Wireshark
• Extensive knowledge of DOCSIS/ Packet Cable / ADSG requirements
• Extensive knowledge of UNIX, Linux, and Windows and related operating systems
• Extensive knowledge of Layer 1 and Layer 2 troubleshooting and repair
• Experience with all aspects of digital set-top control networks including BFS/DSMCC, out-of-band signaling, application interfaces and signal delivery/conditional access (CA) is strongly preferred.
• Extensive knowledge with cable technologies
• Knowledge of VPN's
• Knowledge of virtualization platforms, such as VMWare.
• Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Self-motivated problem-solver, able to work with minimal supervision; team player.
• Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
• SCTE and/or NCTI certifications
• DOCSIS certifications
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree (BA or BS) from four-year College or university; or equivalent training, education and experience.
• Minimum five years’ experience with designing and implementing test plans, strategies and procedures for Analog/Digital Set-Top Terminals, Control Systems, and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Charter is an equal opportunity employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is the Law poster:
Charter is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different.http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
More on Spectrum: Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, current unemployment status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. Charter Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Current Unemployment Status.
Spectrum is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Current Unemployment Status.