There has never been a better time to join IBM. And, as we undergo a company-wide transformation that brings us back to our legacy as a design-led organization, there has never been a more exciting time to be a Designer at IBM.
Follow in the footsteps of Eliot Noyes, Charles and Rae Eames, Isamu Noguchi, Paul Rand and the many iconic designers who both worked for and established the legendary brand that we know today. As part of IBM Interactive Experience - an emerging business line focused on envisioning, creating and inventing next-gen consumer experiences - you will be at the forefront of user experience innovation.
Visual Designers at IBM iX build complex systems and experiences from dynamic interfaces to large systematic websites. They work on a design from concept to execution in order to create and iterate on assets that reflect a brand, enforce a language to inject beauty, functionality and life into a product.
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is hiring a hands-on Visual Designer
to join our IBM Interactive Experience (iX) team in San Francisco, CA.
- A visual designer relies on user-centered design principles and best practices to produce high-quality visuals such as: user interfaces for multiple platforms, illustration, typography, photography, icons, data visualization, style guides, personas, journey maps, storyboards and scenarios.
- Take ownership and pride in your work, but also embrace a diverse, multi-disciplinary approach on projects.
- Think big - express a brand's personality and values experientially, stretching into new territory that goes beyond messaging and style.
- Ensure that a consistent visual language is applied throughout a project and work throughout implementation with developers.
- Thrive where complex business goals, product design and development, interaction design, current and emerging technologies, marketing and brand strategy converge.
- Whether the goal is to enable effortless mobile transactions or to envision and create spectacular, memorable experiences that converge digital with physical, you know how to balance stakeholder needs, and work selflessly to ensure that decisions are always made in the interest of the optimal user experience.
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.