The Advanced Services Delivery (ASD) team is seeking a talented and highly motivated Visual Designer to be part of our digital transformation.
The core business objectives of the ASD organization are: 1) to improve IT health outcomes for Microsoft’s largest enterprise customers, and 2) to enable profitability of the Microsoft Services business via packaged, highly-scalable digital delivery assets, impacting $300M annually. We do this through two primary deliverables: 1) a platform for performing customer health assessments, 2) a catalog of IP that includes digital learning assets and workshops that help educate customers on how to successfully operate their IT environments. We have over 20,000 active customers, creating massive amounts of data and working to unlock insights that will improve our platform and the services we deliver on top of it.
What kind of team is ASD? People use descriptions like: hard core Agile approach, key source of innovation for the MS Services business, autonomous enough to be self-directed, big enough to drive impact with a global team, small enough to feel like family where we don't forget to have fun and care for each other along the way.
We are looking for an extremely talented, highly motivated Designer to drive the user experience for our platform. You will have a beautiful portfolio and a great sense for information design, visual hierarchies, etc. The focus is UI design, so print design is not needed. Like all designers working on User Interfaces, the Designer needs an excellent eye for visual design AND also for functionality.
You will know about the process of design, and that all interaction/screen design starts with the user and their user stories. From there, you deliver wireframes, prototypes and move into a clean UI design and great visual style that supports interactions and users’ needs.
In addition to design expertise, we want someone who will be obsessed about working closely with customers to build solutions that delight them and make them more productive. We are committed to helping our customers get better value out of their Microsoft investment. You also ask challenging questions about what needs to be done and push for simple features that can prove the true value.
Location: Issaquah, WA - working from home part-time or another flexible work arrangement is a possibility for the right candidate.
As a Designer, your duties will include:
• Create design specs and illustrations.
• Optimize graphics for the web and apps.
• Work collaboratively with interaction designers to ensure a consistent, integrated brand perception and user experience.
• Collaborate with a cross-functional team that includes developers and program managers to create simple, easy-to-use software.
• Present user interfaces that are beautiful, clean and functional.
• Stay in the loop and on top of the latest standards, changes, trends in design field.
• A minimum of two to three years of professional experience in designing brand identities, grid systems, editorial layouts and applications for web, desktop and mobile.
• The ability to refine other people’s ideas and come up with new ones to create a highly designed visual experience.
• Well organized, responsible and dedicated, with the ability to work on multiple projects and deliver refined design in a short time.
• Self-learning, able to learn new tools quickly and work in a fast-evolving environment.
• Proven ability delivering high quality designs to customers.
• Experience working in Agile environments, especially with teams following Scrum and Kanban methodologies.
• Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience in the design field.
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud.
Microsoft Digital, Services & Success
With 23,200+ employees globally, Microsoft Digital, Services, and Success is one of the company’s largest groups, serving customers in 191 countries and 46 languages. Simply put, we help customers and partners get the most out of their technology investments by delivering their voices back to our business groups to make our technology even better—and by accelerating their transformation journeys to become digital businesses. For more information, visit www.microsoft.com/Services.
Join us and be one who empowers billions! That’s incredible reach. When you combine that with your own inspiration, plus the freedom and support to make your ideas happen, you can make a huge impact on how people work and live all over the world.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.