77 West Wacker Dr (35012), United States of America, Chicago, Illinois
Visual Designer, Digital Business Development
Ace designers are a rare breed. So are banks that are amazing to work for.
Fortunately, we’ve got both in spades here at Capital One. So maybe you should join us.
Here in Chicago, we have the privilege of partnering with lots of nationally known brands to bring exceptional financial products and experiences into the real world, for our customers. We’re on a journey to reimagine and reinvigorate our platforms and services.
This role focuses on pitching new credit card payment experiences to prospective partner brands in retail, travel, hospitality and beyond.
You’ll be a great fit for this role if you are a:
Customer advocate: People who experience our designs should feel like we really know them. That’s possible when we keep our customers (and people who aren’t yet our customers) at the core of all our designs.
Master craftsman: You create beautiful things, but more importantly, you’re brave enough to cut everything if it’s not working. Simplicity, editing, and a fierce focus on the most important elements is part of what defines your design philosophy.
Futurist: You’re steps ahead of the status quo when it comes to technology and customer experience, and you know how to bring new concepts to life.
Storyteller: Your stories are beautifully presented. Your audiences are left filled with emotion and wanting more.
Entrepreneur: You’ll think about your designs as a business; it needs a purpose—whether to solve a problem, entertain, educate, or delight—and you’ll measure its performance against these goals.
Researcher: You’ll seek out feedback and insights to help you make design decisions, support your design decisions, and iterate on your past design decisions – all so we constantly get better at getting better.
As the visual designer focused on our digital business development initiatives, you’ll bring:
- A portfolio which highlights strong understanding of design elements such as color, photography, iconography and animation. Your portfolio should also include project examples that showcase digital branding, UI elements, interface and interaction patterns, and illustration.
- Understanding of the human centered design and UX practices. Ability to partner with colleagues on user research, workshops, journey maps and user flows.
- Ability to work from low fidelity paper prototypes to high fidelity digital prototypes.
- Ability to work collaboratively within cross-disciplinary teams, as well as ability to work independently.
- Ability to quickly deliver multiple, inventive ideas that are fresh and simple while solving complex customer and business needs. Confidence in sharing in-progress work with team mates.
- Ability to clearly communicate your design decisions with the team and craft elegant presentation and storytelling capabilities.
- Research the latest technologies, best practices, and online trends to provide recommendations for the team.
- Proficiency with current design tools including Adobe CC, Sketch, Invision.
- Proficiency with current presentation tools, including Keynote and PowerPoint (because sometimes it’s the only way to work with internal business partners who don’t use a Mac).
- Understanding of agile development process.
And here are a few reasons why you might want to apply:
- You want to be on a team full of practical people who want to do the best design of their lives and not work more than a regular person should.
- You are too good to not be designing for millions of people who need your help everyday to understand, access, and manage their money better.
- You appreciate the creature comforts of a cool new workplace including free healthy snacks, infinite coffee + drinks, adjustable-height desks, Mac everything, games etc.
- Work with the design, digital, and business development teams to ideate and design digital products and services offered by Capital One
- Bring concepts to life via prototypes, demos, and B2B presentations
- Work with other design team members to launch B2C and internal initiatives on occasion
- Maintain regular communication about project milestones and expectations
- Work in a fast-paced, multi-project pitch environment
- Provide quality assurance on all deliverables
- Bachelor’s degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of experience with visual interface design in digital products & services
- 4 years of experience with visual interface design for digital products & services
- 4 years of experience with Adobe Creative Suite and prototyping tools
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.