IBM MaaS360 is an Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) software. MaaS360 combines device, app and content management with security to simplify how our customers go mobile. We help companies all over the globe optimize their mobile initiatives for secure, effortless employee collaboration and customer engagement.
Due to our incredible growth, we are seeking an VMware ESXi Systems Administrator.
Responsibilities will include the design, implementation, and administration of the virtual infrastructure as well as various projects and day-to-day tasks. Responsibilities may expand into day-to-day activities around Windows infrastructure. The ideal candidate must be comfortable in a large multi-OS environment and be responsive to all the needs of the organization. Demonstrated background in Microsoft Windows system administration is desired. Responsibilities:
- Ensure the availability, scalability, security, and performance of the VMware ESXi environment.
- Develop and maintain operational documentation and specifications on system builds, disaster recovery documentation, and standard operating procedures.
- Identification and resolution of service level problems and the identification and support of mission-critical tasks.
- Test and implement patches, extensions, and device drivers.
- Coordinate with the Security Administrators and Systems Analysts to improve and maintain the technical standards of the environment.
- Troubleshoot and fix hardware and software problems as they occur.
- Troubleshoot and fix networking issues at the system level.
- Due to the high-availability nature of the environment the role will require after-hours and occasional weekend work to implement patches and/or perform system maintenance.
- Participate in the on-call rotation with the other administrators.
- Willingness to learn new technologies and bring new ideas to the group.
- Able to work independently as well as functioning in a team environment.
- Demonstrated leadership and time management skills.
- Commitment to continual improvement of the technical aspects of applications and operations.
- Demonstrated communication skills, interacting with technical support groups, customer support centers, vendors and executives.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Experience with designing, building, and maintaining a high-availability (3+ Nines) virtual environments.
- Demonstrated understanding of ESXi, vCenter, High Availability (HA), Dynamic Resource Scheduler (DRS), and Enhanced vMotion Compatibility (EVC).
- Demonstrated understanding of shared storage technologies including Storage Area Network (SAN),Network Attached Storage (NAS), fiber channel, internet Small Computer System Interface (iSCSI), and Network File System (NFS).
- Demonstrated understanding of network technologies including Ethernet, and TCP/IP.
- Demonstrated understanding of x86 based hardware and lights-out management.
- Demonstrated understanding of ESXi host security.
- Ability to perform root cause analysis and act on results.
- Ability to perform performance analysis to determine bottlenecks.
- Ability to automate day-to-day tasks/activities using scripting technologies (PowerCLI and Powershell).
- Sound understanding of datacenter operational processes coupled with proven business and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, while ensuring that commitments and timetables are met.
- Ability to partner with internal stakeholders to design operational solutions.
- Goal oriented, forward thinker that can provide solutions for complex technical problems.
- Understanding of infrastructure services including The Domain Name System (DNS),Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP),public key infrastructure (PKI), and firewalls.
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.