Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.Job Description WHY WE NEED YOU:
As a VMWare Operations Engineer in the Platform Engineering Organization, not only will you be responsible for keeping our systems up and running, you will also have the ability to shape the architecture to properly run our systems. HOW YOU CONTRIBUTE TO OUR VISION:
• Building out a complex cloud production infrastructure
• Continuing to secure our infrastructure to protect us and our customers
• Providing resiliency of the VMWare platform being the backbone of Workday production environment ABOUT YOU:
• You have solid knowledge with VMWare technologies and infrastructure. You are familiar with DRS, vMotion, HA, Fault Tolerance, Affinity Rules, NSX
• You have worked with Linux environment and familiar with triaging complex performance or hardware issues.
• You have been responsible for running operations for a service that's used by a large user base
• You understand the importance and impact that good operations can have on the rest of a product and the positive ripple effects that it can have across an entire engineering organization
• You have pulled back the covers and know how this Internet thing works end to end. Networks, servers, protocols, operating systems, services, no sql systems, query optimization, disks: to you nothing can be a 'black box.' Whenever there was a technology you did not understand, you grabbed the book and figured it out
• You have good knowledge of a coding language (e.x. Python)
• You understand the complexities of networking in a cloud environment and have vision to architect and implement a highly available, scalable, and secure network within a cloud environment OUR ENVIRONMENT:
Here's what we use:
- VMware Hypervisors
- CentOS Linux
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world's largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Organizations ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises have selected Workday.
Workday is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Workday are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Further, pursuant to applicable local ordinances, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world’s largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Organizations ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises have selected Workday.