Job Location: United States : California : Irvine
Alternate Job Location : United States : California : San Francisco || United States : Colorado : Denver
The Voluntary Specialist Director (VSD) is responsible for partnering within the assigned sales team to drive growth of MetLife’s product portfolio. The VSD will also act as a voluntary benefits expert, representing P&C, A&H, and Hyatt Legal, as well as a core product resource coordinator.
The VSD will act as a liaison between the assigned sales team and partnering organizations, including internal product partners, VCS’s, and worksite teams, etc.
The VSD will partner with the sales force to deliver training, support account planning strategy, and identify appropriate SMEs for RFP opportunities, broker meetings, finalist presentations, pre-finalist planning discussions and pre-implementation calls with AEs. The VSD will attend strategic broker, prospect, and customer meetings to meet product sales goals, while building and maintaining strong relationships and foster sales growth.
- Work in conjunction with CUVP’s and Sales Support Directors to identify sales training opportunities and deliver expertise to aligned sales team.
- In coordination with the Learning Solutions team, conduct training workshops for aligned sales partners to increase the knowledge of MetLife’s Voluntary & Worksite products.
- Advise aligned sales team on the strategic marketplace positioning of our product capabilities and solutions aligning closely with the Voluntary Communication Specialist team.
- Build new, and maintain existing relationships with sales leadership and sales force to increase revenue.
- Participate in strategic joint field work and in-market activity to maximize regional sales while being responsible for budget and expenses.
- Advise, champion, and communicate with sales leadership and the sales force to provide them with value-added strategies and product updates/enhancements to optimize their business with brokers and clients.
- Provide competitive intelligence to sales and product management on a regular basis, as well as reporting and managing contacts.
- Measure sales force engagement and quality of sales pipeline and activity.
- Participate in Sales Leadership’s planning sessions to leverage talent and resources to optimize sales results.
- Support strategic pre-implementation needs, including coordination of key partners.
- Partner with AEs to serve as strategic VB relationship support managers for specifically identified VB Specialty Brokers.
- Deliver on strategic initiatives as directed by management
- Help sales teams build expertise and prioritize key growth opportunities across Voluntary Benefits.
- Identify SMEs for broker and customer events to deliver content and advise on optimal event topics.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- 5+ years sales experience insurance product sales or wholesaling in insurance industry (internal, external or combination)
- Ability to work independently and to communicate clearly and concisely
- Proven ability to build strong relationships
- Excellent presentation skills, for delivery to current and prospective clients and brokers.
- Thorough knowledge of and proven ability to demonstrate sales and marketing principles and practices
- Expected to maintain a thorough knowledge of existing, new and enhanced products.
- Proven ability to produce results through others and grow a territory as measured by sales and persistency of business.
- Travel up to 50% required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent of experience and education
- Property & Casualty, Life & Health License
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 36061
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.