POSITION TITLE: VP, Actuarial System Architect - Brighthouse Financial INTRODUCTION & COMPANY BACKGROUND:
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a global provider of life insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management with operations in nearly 50 countries and leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East. With 2015 total Operating Revenues of ~$70 billion, MetLife is ranked #39 on the Fortune 500 list and #50 on the Forbes Global 2000 list of the world's largest public companies. Globally, the company has ~69,000 employees serving approximately 100 million customers, individuals and businesses, including 90 of the FORTUNE 100®. MetLife is also one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with a $508.2 billion general account portfolio at December 31, 2015. In 2015, FORTUNE Magazine's World's Most Admired Company survey named MetLife #1 in the Life and Health Insurance industry.
In January 2016, MetLife announced a plan to pursue the separation of a substantial portion of its U.S. Retail segment. The new company, Brighthouse Financial, will be a major U.S. life insurance and annuity company, with $240 billion of total assets and approximately 2.6 million insurance policies and annuity contracts in-force as of June 30, 2016. Brighthouse Financial will serve customers the way they want, need and deserve. It will focus on eliminating the complexity, confusion and cost that can get in the way of many Americans who are seeking financial security. We will bring products to the market that add value to our customers' lives, and will be guided by a common set of values that focus on the customer and drive accountability.
Brighthouse Financial is seeking high-performing team members who are passionate about the company's mission. We are laser-focused on adding value to our customers and minimizing complexity in every decision and action. We are building high performing teams who set the bar high and hold each other accountable. DEPARTMENT: Actuarial THE ROLE:
The o-CAM Architect is a new position being created at NewCo as part of the separation of the U.S. Retail business as a standalone company. The o-Cam Architect will manage the all aspects of the One Corporate Actuarial Model implementation including managing the design and implementation resources group and ultimately oversee maintenance, and running of all corporate models. This position will collaborate with other actuarial departments including Corporate Projections, Valuation and Experience Studies as well as IT and Investments to ensure a timely implementation schedule and timely delivery of actuarial models. Key Relationships:
Reports to: Chief Actuary
Direct Reports: Model Steward Lead
Other Key Stakeholders: Chief Actuary, IT, Investments, Experience Studies, Corporate Projection Lead, Reinsurance Lead, Valuation Head, Strategic Actuarial Issues Head Location: Charlotte, NCKey Responsibilities:
CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS: Business Knowledge/Technical Skills:
- Serve as the system architect for the One Corporate Model implementation process
- Work with IT on the appropriate data structure and application environment
- Direct and lead the o-Cam modeling group
- Ensure and facilitate the successful development of all modeling system and platforms
- Establish and meet timelines for implementation and model delivery
- Collaborate with Valuation, Reinsurance, Corporate Projections, Experience Studies, IT, Investments, Strategic Actuarial Topics departments to support model development and achieving Brighthouse Financial's strategic objectives
- Provide regular reports to senior management on status of modeling capability
- Facilitate model compatibility between areas
- Review and approve the models produced to assure model standard and compliance with risk governance
- Lead the team to produce models in compliance with the risk governance
- 15+ years of experience in leading actuarial modeling groups
- Experience with actuarial software such as MoSes, Axis, MG-ALFA, Prophet preferred
- 15+ years IT and infrastructure set up experience required
- Experience with leading large scale design and implementation projects required
- Thinks Strategically - Sets direction aligned to the company's strategy, applying external and global perspective to meet local and global needs.
- Creates Partnerships - Authentically builds trusted relationships and collaborates across global, diverse and multi-functional teams to successfully drive business objectives.
- Seizes Opportunity - Seeks new opportunities and ways to create balanced business growth while improving operational capabilities.
- Drives Results - Sets aggressive goals and is accountable for continuously driving improved performance, leading change and ensuring high standards.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace. Note to Mobile Users: If viewing on a mobile device and would like to apply, please email the job to yourself and complete the application from a desktop/laptop. Note to Desktop/Laptop Users: For immediate consideration, click Apply Now button below. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile which takes 10 - 15 minutes to complete. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.