VP, Amazon Global Strategic Partnership Lead
As part of Visa's Strategic Partnerships and Innovation organization, Global Strategic Partnerships is responsible for identifying, structuring, closing and managing major strategic partnerships, alliances and commercial deals. Strategic Partnerships works closely with Visa's Core Product and Solutions teams to oversee transactions that are typically highly complex, strategic and cross-functional in nature. The VP, Amazon Global Strategic Partnership role requires an experienced business development professional and sector expert who can identify potential deals, develop the tactics and manage the teams needed to bring them to fruition. The Innovation and Strategic Partnerships team works closely with Visa's Core Product and Digital Solutions as well as other stakeholders such as Processing, Risk, Finance, Marketing, etc. teams to execute partnership agreements and deliverables thatare typically highlycomplex, strategic and cross-functional in nature.
The position will be based in San Francisco.
- 15+ years relevant industry experience with a minimum of 10+ years of progressive experience in the sector, with related business development or strategy consulting roles
- Outstanding executive communications skills as a spokesperson for Innovation & Strategic Partnerships within Visa and across the industry
- Strategic, analytical thinker who consistently challenges the status quo and constructively challenges the team to aim for higher ground; change agent
- Vision and passion for our business, with high energy and intelligence
- Personal commitment to Strategic Partnerships discipline and best practices
- Process oriented, with a high attention to detail and quality on both internal team work and external products brought to market
- Hands-on, entrepreneurial and nimble, while also able to navigate a globally matrixed environment
- BA required, MBA or other advanced degree preferred
- Lead the account and relationship management and sales plan for Amazon
- Identify strategic opportunities for Visa capabilities through a strong understanding of Amazon's business including payment strategy across all product platforms.
- Develop and execute customized account strategy, objectives and plans to increase revenue and market share
- Consolidate existing relationships and expand Visa's reach within multiple parts of the partner organization and the utilization of Visa's products and services
- Take the lead in solving the problems that arise during the execution of programs with Amazon
- Report to and interact with senior management and executives to indicate the status of the partnership progress
- Implement short, medium and long-term strategic opportunities/products/services through excellent project management working with internal and partner teams
- Proactively identify and solve complex problems that impact the management, relationship and direction of the business
- Lead the development of proposals by working with various internal stakeholders and negotiate contractual relationships with Amazon
- Continuously review Amazon and market landscape and recommend, develop, and implement new and creative approaches that ensures that Amazon business objectives are met as well as grow the Visa business
- Work within cross-functional teams (internal / external) that include representation from Merchant, Marketing, Product, Operations, Market Research and Technology.
- Foster in-depth and productive relationships at all levels with the partner and the Visa organization
- Support the Strategic Partnerships and Innovation executive team in developing the overall group strategy
Strategic Thinking: Anticipates future consequences and capitalizes on long-term market and business opportunities that support business strategy. Navigates confidently in ambiguous situations. Develops a big picture perspective; able to synthesize and consolidate points of view into a coherent action plan.
Client Mindset: Focuses on discovering and meeting clients' needs (internal and external) that result in high impact solutions; keeps clients' interest at the forefront and continually seeks to add value.
Client Knowledge: Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of clients' business strategy, operations and competitive landscape and can partner with clients to co-develop meaningful solutions to address client's business challenges.
Manage Relationships: Identifies opportunities and takes action to build strategic relationships between teams, business areas, clients and other key stakeholders to achieve business goals.
Innovate: Fosters creativity and takes intelligent calculated risks to deliver services and capabilities that surpass clients' expectations (both internal and external); challenges status quo. Generates new methods that improve both the "what" and "how". Oversee design, delivery and implementation of services such as Visa network tokenization globally.
Accountability : Holds self and others accountable for measurable high quality, timely and effective results. Displays a strong commitment to organizational success.
Manage Complexity: Quickly integrates complex information to identify strategies and solutions, narrows down information to key concepts and isolates core issues.
Initiative: Proactively identifies what work needs to be accomplished and takes action to establish high standards of excellence; instills a sense of urgency.
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.