VP, Architecture Merchant and Acquirer Processing
Posted: April 15, 2017
Reference ID: 112136623
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Merchant and Acquirer Processing (MAP) is a Product Development (PD) Group within the Visa Technology Team. This group is responsible for building leading edge full-service Payment Solutions for our customers by combining global payment processing, fraud management, payment security and reporting systems. We are a group of bright, motivated engineers and technical managers excited about building the next generation of Payment products that will drive e-Commerce, mobile-Commerce as well as POS businesses for our customers.
VP, Architecture Merchant and Acquirer Processing
As Vice President of Architecture, you will lead a team of approximatively 20 enterprise and solution architects within the Merchant and Acquirer Processing technology division of Visa, to set the strategic vision for the MAP PD Architecture team.
You will develop and execute a strategic technology roadmap with a well-defined target state and long term architecture in alignment with Visa technology business goals. Provide the strategic leadership, partnership and creative problem solving necessary to manage and advance new and existing opportunities across the business.
You will lead the organization in architecting and building a state of the art, massive scale, real-time data payment processing platform. You will drive the evaluation, conceptualization, design, and integration of major new technologies and capabilities into the product line, ensuring that product design and technology choices anticipate future needs, while efficiently satisfying short term customer requirements.
You will be required to provide career mentoring, coaching and development of a talented group of architects, while creating and fostering the right culture to attract and retain diverse technical talent.
• Set the strategic vision for the MAP PD Architecture team
• Define and represents the technical agenda in strategic conversations across Visa
• Drive evaluation of partners and potential acquisitions
• Lead a team of Architects to develop and execute the strategic technology roadmap with a well-defined target state and long term architecture in alignment with Visa technology business goals
• Provide the strategic leadership, collaborate co-ordination, and creative problem solving necessary to manage and advance new and existing opportunities across the business
• Leads the definition of the system, technical, application and deployment architectures for major areas of development and recommend course of action to maintain cost effectiveness and competitiveness for multiple products and platforms
• Assures the overall governance and evaluation of final results of design assuring accomplishment of technical objectives according to strategic goals
• Makes recommendations to use innovative, creative approaches as appropriate to meet client and business needs
• Research and implement best practices frameworks/capability models that will control costs, provide higher quality, and/or increase reliability
• Research and stay abreast of the latest technology infrastructure and processes in the payment industry
• Collaborate with architecture teams and leaders of various Visa technology organizations
• Participates in the evaluation and implementation of vendor application software and support for technical due diligence for M&A activities
• Bachelors and/or Masters degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required
• 15+ years of hands-on experience and 7 years management responsibility in systems/data architecture, analysis and applications program development required.
• Experience in the payments or financial services industry is a plus
• Expert business knowledge with comprehensive understanding of the organization and functional areas
• Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to present to all levels and ability to present technical details to business and product groups
• Understanding of data modeling and No-SQL ecosystem - is desired
• Ability to work with virtual and global teams
• Familiarity with IT security and regulatory compliance
• Possess a broad understanding of current and emerging technical architecture and trends.
• Significant professional experience in agile development practices
• Exceptional energy and passion for developing great products working with great global teams
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.