Job Description :
Every day, Baxter touches the lives of millions of patients and providers worldwide who rely on our essential hospital and renal products and services. You'll find Baxter's products and therapies on nearly every floor, in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. Baxter's employees are building upon the company's rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care. Our commitment to our mission means we are there when patients and healthcare professionals need us, during the critical moments that matter most. Key Responsibilities:
- The Chief Scientific Office Lead, BioSurgery is accountable to lead the development and implementation of CSO-related strategies and plans to drive business objectives and results.
- In collaboration with BioSurgery's commercial leaders and Chief Scientific Office peers, develop product roadmap, identify and meet customer needs, investment areas and leads prioritization processes within BioSurgery
- Lead the organic and inorganic growth of R&D
- Provide cross-functional leadership across the Chief Scientific Office matrix to deliver results for BioSurgery Franchise
- Collaborate with, and influence across all related functions globally, as well as stakeholders at all levels of the organization to achieve strategy goals and objectives
- Is a member of both the Chief Scientific Office leadership team as well as the BioSurgery Commercial Leadership team and is accountable to both organizations to deliver identified results
- Shape an innovative and results-driven culture, ensuring effective and efficient development of products/technologies that are both market-focused as well as scientifically advanced
- Ensure BioSurgery has dedicated Chief Scientific Office resources (capability and capacity) to achieve business results
- Lead the CSO-related portions of business development assessments and new opportunities for Franchise
- Identify strategic R&D opportunities
- Lead the development of long-range strategic plans for BioSurgery Chief Scientific Officeand influences the Long Range Plan process
- Anticipate changes in business direction, stay current with technology advancement and proactively develops and implements corresponding R&D strategies and operational plans
- Advanced degree with at least 10+ years of proven R&D leadership
- Experience growing R&D organically and inorganically
- Experience in biologic medical devices or combination products delivery systems or similar technology a plus
- Some business or commercial experience a plus
- Experience in launching products, as well as development from conception to commercialization
- Long-term demonstration of achieving results and delivering on commitments
- Industry experience in a global, matrix organization working collaboratively with key functions and influencing and making decisions in this environment
- Outstanding teamwork, communication skills and ability to build effective partnerships
- Strong track record of comprehensive leadership, talent development and management resulting in strong performance of team
- R&D product development experience in a biotechnology or pharmaceutical company including an understanding of Regulatory Affairs, Quality and Manufacturing.
- Demonstrated ability to think and act strategically across many different disciplines as well as translate strategy into operating plans
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, along with ability to balance process with results
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
LI-LL-PEqual Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy Reasonable Accommodations
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
A little about us:
Our employees are connected by an enduring commitment to save and sustain lives. This higher purpose binds us in doing work that matters.